MORE ON RYDER CARROLL:
Ryder has over 15 years of experience crafting innovative digital solutions that balance narrative, beauty, and usability. His clients and projects include Adidas, American Express, Estée Lauder, Forbes, HP, IBM, Macy’s, Ann Taylor, Talbots, and Huge.
He is the creator of the Bullet Journal® and co-founder of Paintapic. His work has been featured by publications including the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, LA Times, Forbes, Vogue, Fast Company, BBC, Lifehacker, and Mashable.
Ryder Carroll Online: Website
Key Points Discussed:
- The difficulties he experienced in his early schooling due to ADD (03:42)
- Designing different tools and techniques to repair the screw-up gene and how it all led to him creating The Bullet Journal Method (06:47)
- How he uses The Bullet Journal Method in his own life (10:34)
- Devising his own organizational system to make sense out of the nonsensical and bring his numerous thoughts into focus (12:52)
- One of the major reasons why bullet journaling is analog (16:15)
- The way the limit slots in our short term memory are affecting us (18:32)
- Time and energy: The two currencies he has to invest in making his life what he wants it to be (19:13)
- His digital product design journey from working on other people’s visions to being a business founder (21:53)
- How did you begin to use your journal as a tool of “Who am I, where do I wanna go, and what’s my true motivation?” (27:14)
- The interesting questions that Warren Buffet asked his trusted pilot (30:45)
- Are there certain questions that you like to ask yourself day in and day out? (33:24)
- The vacuum of purpose that causes us to burden ourselves with unnecessary responsibilities (34:31)
- The importance of taking the time to ask the questions of ourselves that nobody else (37:35)
- The truth versus our memory of the truth (41:25)
- The categories to log in: Things we have to do, things we don’t want to forget, and the things we experience (42:45)
- Having a place inside your notebook where you store things that are yet to happen (45:00)
- Why is it so important to go analog in this digital world? (50:10)
- How bullet journaling is making people more productive (51:00)
- Using the bullet journal for scheduling and building business relationships (55:00)
- Taking it slow, being patient with ourselves, and starting by writing down our thoughts (59:27)
INSPIRE #792: HOW TO USE JOURNALING TO FREE YOUR SOUL! (Mark Nepo,”Things That Join The Sea And The Sky”)
INSPIRE #1347: How to Survive a Pandemic and Come Out Shining Bright!!! Pulitzer Prize Winning Investigative Journalist (Charles Duhigg, “Smarter Faster Better”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.