MORE ON CHARLES DUHIGG:
Charles Duhigg is the host of Slate’s fascinating podcast “How To! with Charles Duhigg”, a Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist and senior editor, also the author of “The Power of Habit”. The book has spent over two years on the New York Times best-seller list, and the recent “Smarter Faster Better,” which was also a New York Times bestseller. Mr. Duhigg is a graduate of Yale University and the Harvard Business School.
Mr. Duhigg joined The New York Times as a staff writer in 2006 and was part of the team that won the 2013 Pulitzer Prize in explanatory journalism for “The iEconomy,” a series that examined the global economy through the lens of Apple. That series included examinations of such topics as the factories in China where iPhones and iPads are manufactured. From 2003 to 2006, Mr. Duhigg was a features and business writer at The Los Angeles Times, where he wrote for the Outdoors section and covered the media and entertainment industries for the Business section. In addition, he reported from Iraq about American military operations.
Before becoming a full-time journalist in 2003, Mr. Duhigg was, for one terrifying day in 1999, a bike messenger in San Francisco.
Charles Duhigg Online: Website
Key Points Discussed:
- How did you come to write an article for Slate last year on how to survive a pandemic? (02:54)
- How Seattle leaders let the scientists take the lead unlike New York, and the impact that has had (04:52)
- What happened on the East Coast in relation to the Coronavirus response where the CDC is concerned? (07:14)
- The harm that our misunderstanding of timing and exponential growth causes us (12:06)
- Tuning out the politicians and listening to the experts to avoid the confusion surrounding how to keep the virus at bay (13:52)
- Sorting through whether economics is more important than health (15:44)
- Some of the habits that are hurting us during this pandemic (20:01)
- Are the fatality rates real, and how can we really protect ourselves from getting infected? (25:10)
- The necessity of moving past the “American way” habit (27:40)
- The opportunity we have to rethink things and what we want to do with our lives (29:17)
- The fact that the pandemic will end okay and how we can change our lives (33:21)
INSPIRE #1333: How to Surrender to “What is” and Re-Invent Your Life!!! (Michael Sandler and CJ Liu)
INSPIRE #1329: Why The Universe Has Your Back – Now More Than Ever (Especially During Coronavirus)! (Matt Kahn, “The Universe Always Has a Plan”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.