INSPIRE #161: How to Hardwire Happiness for Greater Confidence, Calmness & Contentment
Dr. Rick Hanson Shows How to Transform Your Life & Hardwire Happiness (Brain) For Greater Positive Experiences, Confidence & Calmness to Overcome Nervousness, Anxiety, Fear & Negativity!
Listen to the podcast below!
CLICK HERE to start hardwiring your happiness this year with Dr. Rick Hanson’s online, yearlong program–the Foundations of Well-Being–which uses science-based methods to hardwire more happiness into your brain and your life. It’s a transformative program that uses the power of positive neuroplasticity to turn everyday experiences into a deep sense of contentment, love, and peace. It’s thorough, it’s deep, and it works—with insightful talks, guided practices, revealing quizzes, creative activities, and inspiring guest experts like Tara Brach, Jack Kornfield, and Gretchen Rubin.
If you want to be happier, feel happier, or feel more positivity in your life, and no matter how you much you try, you just can’t get that stick…well then do we have the show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Rick Hanson, Ph.D., is a neuropsychologist and author of:
1) Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Calm, and Confidence
2) Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom
3) Just One Thing: Developing a Buddha Brain One Simple Practice at a Time
4) Mother Nurture.
Today we’ll be talking about Hardwiring Happiness, or creating the grooves in the record that help us get positive, stay positive, or return to a positive state of being, almost no matter what…we’ll talk about why to do it, how to do it, and how it can literally transform your life.
Plus we’ll talk about tapioca pudding, weeding dandelions, neural Darwinism, Green Brain, Red Brain, A Joyful Amygdala, and what paper tigers, have to do with anything.
MORE ON DR. RICK HANSON:
Rick Hanson, Ph.D., is a neuropsychologist and author of Hardwiring Happiness, Buddha’s Brain, Just One Thing, and Mother Nurture. Founder of the Wellspring Institute for Neuroscience and Contemplative Wisdom, and an Affiliate of the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley, he’s been an invited speaker at Oxford, Stanford, and Harvard, and taught in meditation centers worldwide. He has several audio programs and his free Just One Thing newsletter has over 100,000 subscribers.
BOOKS BY DR. RICK HANSON:
- How did Rick go from a ‘shy, dorky, nerdy kid’ to where he is today.
- Why it’s important to let the good sink into you.
- How to marinate in the positive – and how it makes you stronger and kinder
- What happens with zombie worms
- Shawn Achor – The Happiness Advantage –
- How we can learn & grow on an exponential curvilinear way’
- How are brains are constantly being shaped by our experiences
- Why our brains are wired to look for the negative – and why it’s so important to hold the negative in mindful awareness
- What is paper tiger paranoia?
- How and why you deliberately want to take in the good
- Why we need to change the world inside to change the world outside
- And how “the personal is the political and the political is the personal”
- How do we hack our brain
- What we do to H.E.A.L ourselves
- How we get better at the installation of our beneficial experiences into our brains
- How to get the most out of our beneficial experiences, even the 1’s and 2’s out of 10’s.
- How you link to a negative experience to make it a positive.
- Why our brains are designed to learn from negative experiences, particularly negative experiences in childhood – why we’re designed to overlearn and hold onto it…aka why we often can’t ‘get over it’
- How do we use these techniques to help our children?
- Where can people find Foundations of Wellbeing – RickHanson.net
- Freely offered resources
- Talks, videos, writings, interviews
- The Foundations of Wellbeing – Comprehensive Collection of Resources
- Tara Brach
- Barbara Frederickson on positive emotions
- Sue Carter on oxytocin the love hormone
- Dan Siegel positive neuroplasticity
- Plus (Mindfulness) Stress-Releasing, Relaxing Meditation
How to Train Your Brain for Happiness & Success with America’s #1 Happy Expert (Shawn Achor, The Happiness Advantage)
How to Bring Positivity & Happiness to Each Moment (Tal Ben-Shahar, Choose the Life You Want)
How to Ignite Positive Change in Your life & Everyone Around You (Michelle Gielan, Broadcasting Happiness)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.