How to Bring Positivity & Happiness to Each Moment
Learn 10 Scientifically Proven Ways to Bring Happiness To Each Moment Through Simple Yet Powerful Everyday Decisions & Mindfulness!
Listen to the Podcast Below!
Did you ever wish you could be happier right now, much happier? That life could be, well, happier in each moment, more puppies and roses, or that at least the sun could be shining more than half the time?
Well then do we have the show for you!
Today we’ll be talking with Tal Ben Shahar, a former Harvard pyschology professor and a leader in the field of positivity and happiness. He’s also the author of the recent book, Choose the Life You Want: The Mindful Way to Happiness and the best-selling books Happier: Learn the Secrets to Daily Joy and Lasting Fulfillment and Being Happy: You Don’t Have to Be Perfect to Lead a Richer, Happier Life.
Today we’ll be talking about at least 10 key ways to CHOOSE Happiness in Each moment, plus the power of smiling and why we both do it before starting the show, plus why we might want to forgo that new Porsche, and instead head for Cabo pronto. Arriba!
- how Tal ended up studying happiness because he wasn’t happy studying computers
- how generosity brings happiness
- Hebrew word natan is a palindrome (same word backwards) because of the relationship of giving & receiving
- being present and grateful is a super-powerful happiness duo
- Hellen Keller was a consummate appreciator
- what Barbara Frederickson calls heartfelt positivity
- Einstein, either nothing is a miracle or everything is
- key ways to be mindful for happiness
- listening to someone contributes to their physical health
- why one of best predictors of job productivity is the answer to “do you have a best friend at work?”
- having Pets contributes to well-being & happiness
- 5-10 minutes a day of mindful eating can improve your well-being
- Amy Cutty – physical posture can improve well-being, happiness, and body chemistry
- high power poses (rooster pose or big-shot pose)–increases testosterone, reduces cortisol & demostrates confidence
- weaker pose–increases stress hormones, decreases testosterone
- why hunching forward at a computer isn’t good for your psychology
- permission to be human means allowing yourself to experience any & all emotions
- the challenge of self-help gurus
- why you can’t be happy all the time or suppress emotions
- Dr Wiseman and the phenomenon of why some people are more “lucky”
- how to be a benefit-finder, not a fault-finder
- the healing power of humor – Norman Cousins
- Ellen Degeneres & TBD (Too Busy Disorder)
- importance of doing less rather than more
- changing your beliefs & the mind-body connection
- how you can shift your beliefs
- Carol Dweck – fixed mindset vs. growth mindset
- shoot for more positive experiences – even small experiences
- the value of experiences over goods
- supporting a child’s dreams
- spirituality – having a meaningful, purposeful experience
- happiness is in the details – in the minute-to-minute decisions we make
- Jon Kabat Zinn – wherever you go, there you are – being present to the experience
MORE ON TAL BEN-SHAHAR:
Tal Ben-Shahar is an author and lecturer. He taught two of the largest classes in Harvard University’s history, Positive Psychology and The Psychology of Leadership. Today, Tal consults and lectures around the world to executives in multi-national corporations, the general public, and at-risk populations. The topics he lectures on include leadership, happiness, education, innovation, ethics, self-esteem, resilience, goal setting, and mindfulness. His books have been translated into more than twenty-five languages, and have appeared on best-sellers lists around the world.
Tal is a serial entrepreneur, and is the co-founder and chief learning officer of The Wholebeing Institute, Potentialife, Maytiv, and Happier.TV.
An avid sportsman, Tal won the U.S. Intercollegiate and Israeli National squash championships. Today, for exercise, he swims, dances, and practices Yoga. He obtained his PhD in Organizational Behavior and BA in Philosophy and Psychology from Harvard.
Tal Ben-Shahar Online: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn
Happier TV: http://www.happier.tv
Books by Tal Ben-Shahar:
Choose the Life You Want: The Mindful Way to Happiness,
Happier: Learn the Secrets to Daily Joy and Lasting Fulfillment
Being Happy: You Don’t Have to Be Perfect to Lead a Richer, Happier Life
Other Books/Authors Mentioned:
Barbara Frederickson, author of Love 2.0: Finding Happiness and Health in Moments of Connection
Amy Cuddy, author of Presence: Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges
Norman Cousins, author of Anatomy of an Illness: As Perceived by the Patient (Twentieth Anniversary Edition)
Carol Dweck, author of Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
Jon Kabat Zinn Wherever You Go, There You Are
How to Train Your Brain for Happiness & Success with America’s #1 Happy Expert (Shawn Achor, The Happiness Advantage)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
*Note: On your PayPal statement, you will see your donation made to “RunBare Inc.” Rest assured, your donation is going to the right place. Thank you!
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment