Shawn Achor, a leader in the field of positive psychology, NY Times best-selling author, and happiness consultant to Fortune 100 companies shows you how you can train your brain for happiness & success.
In this episode we talk with one of the most positive researchers in the world! His name is Shawn Achor and he’s one of the world’s leading experts on the connection between happiness and success.
His research on mindset made the cover of Harvard Business Review, his TED talk is one of the most popular with over 11 million views, he’s lectured or worked with over a third of the Fortune 100 companies, as well as the NFL, the NBA, the Pentagon and the White House.
Shawn is the author of New York Times best-selling books The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology That Fuel Success and Performance at Work and Before Happiness: The 5 Hidden Keys to Achieving Success, Spreading Happiness, and Sustaining Positive Change and he recently did a two-hour interview with Oprah at her house to discuss his mission to bring positive psychology to the world.
We’re going to talk about using positive psychology to rewrite your own maps to completely transform your life. This means greater success at work, happiness at home, and a new outlook, for a new you.
So what’s the goal of today’s show: To give you the advice you need to become a “positive genius” and bring tremendous success into your life!
Shawn’s done amazing research in each of the topics below. He addresses the science and the studies that back things up!
- What creates happiness
- How happiness creates success
- How beliefs create happiness
- Understanding why it’s not your genes or your pre-disposition
- Discovering why every outcome in home and business improves as optimism increases
- Quick and effective daily exercises to create positive habits
- How to rewire the mind from pessimism to optimism
- 21 Day exercise to create a more positive mind.
- Understanding the importance of a social network and why a social network is a greater predictor of long-term health than diet, exercise, or even smoking.
- The difference between “lucky” and “unlucky” people
- Why you never want to start goals at “zero” build always build upon success
- How Fortune 100 companies including Google, Habitat for Humanity, Buick, and Mckenzie company are implementing these strategies
- How a high crime neighborhood was turned around with a positivity campaign and what it means for you.
- How we can change the negativity in our environment or workplace by focusing on ‘low-hanging fruit’
- The importance of working on happiness – TODAY – without delay!
After spending twelve years at Harvard University, Shawn has become one of the world’s leading experts on the connection between happiness and success.
Shawn has worked with over a third of the Fortune 100 companies, and lectured in more than 50 countries speaking to CEOs in China, senior leaders at the Pentagon, schoolchildren in South Africa, and farmers in Zimbabwe. His Happiness Advantage training is the largest and most successful positive psychology corporate training program to date in the world.
Shawn was published in the top psychology journal last year for the work he did at UBS in partnership with Yale University to create a more effective stress training. And he recently did a two-hour interview with Oprah at her house discussing happiness research and perception of success.
Sneak Peak at Shawn’s Oprah OCourse 21 Days to a Happier Life: