INSPIRE #160: The Life Changing Power of Loving Kindness – Plus Meditation!
Chris Grosso, The Indie Spiritualist, Shares How You Can Overcome Anything, Transform Your Life, Heal Addiction, Depression, Alcoholism, Anxiety & More. Plus Thich Nhat Hanh Practices & Guided Meditation
Listen to the podcast below!
BOOKS BY CHRIS GROSSO
If you’ve ever felt that you’re off-track or off path because of where you are, how you’re feeling, or because you feel what you’re doing isn’t good enough, or spiritual enough, then do we have the show for you!
Today we’ll be talking with Chris Grosso, author of the best-selling book Indie Spiritualist: A No Bullshit Exploration of Spirituality and his latest book Everything Mind: What I’ve Learned About Hard Knocks, Spiritual Awakening, and the Mind-Blowing Truth of It All.
And that in a sense is what we’ll talk about today…how everything is part of our path, the good, the bad, and the really, really ugly.
We’ll talk about getting through the tough times, finding our way, practicing non-judgment, particularly toward ourselves, righting the ship, and making peace with wherever we are.
That plus we’ll talk about punk rock, tattoos, ron burgundy, and skateboarding have to do with anything.
MORE ON CHRIS GROSSO:
Chris Grosso is a public speaker, writer, spiritual director of Tovio by Advocacy Unlimited and author of Indie Spiritualist: A No Bullshit Exploration of Spirituality and Everything Mind: What I’ve Learned About Hard Knocks, Spiritual Awakening and the Mind-Blowing Truth of it All. He writes for ORIGIN Magazine, Huffington Post, and Mantra Yoga + Health Magazine, and has spoken and performed at Wanderlust Festival, Celebrate Your Life, Yoga Journal Conference, Sedona World Wisdom Days, Kripalu, and more.
Chris is passionate about his work with people who are in the process of healing or struggling with addictions of all kinds. He speaks and leads groups in detoxes, yoga studios, rehabs, youth centers, 12-step meetings, hospitals, conferences, and festivals worldwide. He is a member of the advisory board for Drugs over Dinner and hosts The Indie Spiritualist Podcast on The Mindpod Network.
- How everything is part of our path.
- What Chris’s life looked like when he was 16
- How Chris got involved with drugs and alcohol
- How Chris became an addict.
- How he learned he had a disease of addiction
- How he continued to relapse, and why…
- How being an introvert hurt him in his recovery
- How Chris began a spiritual journey while in his recovery phases
- What helped Chris begin to finally turn things around.
- How death-row inmate Jarvis J. Master’s book Finding Freedom helped rekindle his spark and gave him hope
- How to keep self-talk under control.
- Exercise from Thich Nhat Hanh for overcoming Negative Self Talk
- How Chris began cultivating compassion when negative self-talk would come up
- How Chris learned to sit with negative thoughts and emotions
- A second Thich Nhat Hanh practice for negative thoughts
- What is Loving Kindness to Chris?
- An amazing Loving Kindness Tatoo.
- What Thich Nhat Hanh means by ‘no love, no lotus’
- How to be loving and kind to yourself AND to others
- How taking care of the environment helps one feel better
- When you’re feeling bad or depressed a guaranteed way to feel better is to do something for someone else
- What the Medicine Buddha is and how it may have helped his dog Abby
- How Chris took his Bodhisattva vow
- The Medicine Buddha healing (and rebirth) mantra
- What does Everything mind mean, and why did he write this book?
- How everything is part of our spiritual path – everything.
- How we’re all one and what that means for us.
- Words of wisdom and compassion for parents with a child stuck in addiction.
- Why parents need to take care of themselves even when a loved-one is struggling.
- A beautiful loving-kindness guided meditation
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
*Note: On your PayPal statement, you will see your donation made to “RunBare Inc.” Rest assured, your donation is going to the right place. Thank you!
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment