INSPIRE #159: Conor Grennan’s Amazing Adventure to Bring Home the Lost Children of Nepal
Connor Grennan (NYT #1 Best-Seller) Shares His Amazing Story of Hope, Adventure, Inspiration & Miracles in Saving Orphaned, Enslaved & Trafficked Children in Nepal. Be Inspired & Discover How Voluntourism Can Change Your Life!
Listen to the podcast below!
CONOR GRENNAN’S BOOK:
If you’ve wanted to get unstuck, feel inspired, have faith or simply make a difference in the world, then do we have the show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Conor Grennan, the #1 international New York Times best-selling author of Little Princes: One Man’s Promise to Bring Home the Lost Children of Nepal, and a genuine tried and true super-hero if you ask me.
Today we’ll be talking about his adventure from ordinary to extraordinary, a reluctant hero who helped and saved the lives of countless youth in Nepal, and has helped many illegally orphaned or even enslaved children of Nepal be reunited with their families.
I want to understand how he grew the strength and conviction to do what he did, where it came from, and how he went from near penny-less and jobless, to helping thousands along the way. And how he took himself into the mountains, just before snow-season on an epic adventure of Hollywood proportions…though I’m guessing he wouldn’t call it that at all.
So today we’ll look at faith, having strength, believing in what you’re doing, and putting one foot in front of the other, even if wobbly sticks are the only thing holding you up.
Plus Nepalese Toilets, coconut mattresses, and what in the world dive-bombing monkeys have to do with anything.
Please click here & consider supporting Next Generation Nepal.
MORE ON CONOR GRENNAN:
Conor Grennan is the founder of Next Generation Nepal (NGN), a nonprofit organization dedicated to reconnecting trafficked children with their families in Nepal, and the author of the New York Times best-selling memoir Little Princes: One Man’s Promise to Bring Home the Lost Children of Nepal. Little Princes is a NY Times and #1 international best-seller, translated into 14 languages. Conor also serves as the Dean of Students for the MBA program at New York University’s Stern School of Business, where he is responsible for more than 2500 full-time and part-time MBA students.
Conor Grennan Online: Website | Facebook | Twitter
Next Generation Nepal: http://www.nextgenerationnepal.org/
- How Conor ended up deciding to go to an orphanage in Nepal when there was a civil war there!
- Why Conor wanted to turn around when he got to the orphanage.
- What were conditions like for the kids in Nepal?
- How did kids end up at the orphanage?
- What the Maoist rebels had to do with the orphaned children?
- How kids were sold into labor as domestic slaves.
- How Conor violated the rules (about what to tell kids) when leaving Nepal.
- How’d Conor feel when he got back to Nepal a year later.
- How he discovered many of the orphaned kids had been essentially stolen from their parents by child traffickers.
- How seven kids were taken away and sold into slavery – and while Connor was back in New York
- What Conor’s goals were when going back
- Find the kids
- Reunite them with their families
- These were the goals of the new Next Generation Nepal (NGN)
- How Conor found faith while over there
- How he began to miraculously find the kids…and with one close to death
- How Conor decided to go into the Himalayas just before the winter to try and reunite the kids with their parents
- What he found in the mountain villages
- How he met his future wife before this adventure – and was almost stranded for the winter without being able to see her.
- How are the kids doing now?
- Where is NGN now?
- How people can help the kids of Nepal?
- What is voluntourism?
- How can people help? Visit NextGenerationNepal.org
Transform Your Life Through a Modern Day Vision Quest (Hannah Papp, The Mystical Backpacker)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
*Note: On your PayPal statement, you will see your donation made to “RunBare Inc.” Rest assured, your donation is going to the right place. Thank you!
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment