If you’ve wondered why we’re getting sicker and unhealthier, despite the latest in medicine, pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, DNA testing, diets and supplements, then do we have the show for you!
Today we’ll be talking With T. Colin Campbell, PhD Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Biochemistry at Cornell University and coauthor of the bestselling book, The China Study and his latest book Whole: Rethinking the Science of Nutrition. His legacy, the China-Cornell-Oxford Project, has been acknowledged as the most comprehensive study of health and nutrition ever conducted. He’s also authored more than 300 peer-reviewed research papers.
Today I want to talk about why the emperor has no clothes, or why the studies, the science, and the medicine we’ve come to love and trust, may not be quite what we think they are, especially when it comes to nutrition.
But then I want to empower us, and talk about what works, why, and what we can do to live happier, healthier, and quite possibly long lives, and even return to perfect health, despite having disease, or even the Big C.
Plus we’ll talk about apples, dairy farms, peanuts, and what in the world four blind men and an elephant have to do with anything.
MORE ON DR. T. COLIN CAMPBELL:
For more than 40 years, Dr. T. Colin Campbell has been at the forefront of nutrition research. His legacy, the China Project, is the most comprehensive study of health and nutrition ever conducted. Dr. Campbell is the Jacob Gould Schurman Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Biochemistry at Cornell University. He has more than 70 grant-years of peer-reviewed research funding and authored more than 300 research papers and coauthor of the bestselling the book, “The China Study: Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss and Long-term Health.”
“The China Study” gave us a simple but powerful answer: Eat a diet based on whole, plant-based food, and dramatically reduce your risk of a broad spectrum of diseases, including heart disease, obesity, diabetes, and cancer.
In his new book, “Whole,” Dr. Campbell picks up where “The China Study” left off. “The China Study” revealed what we should eat and provided the powerful empirical support for this answer. “Whole” answers the question of why. Why does a whole-food, plant-based diet provide optimal nutrition? “Whole” demonstrates how far the scientific reductionism of the nutrition orthodoxy has gotten offtrack and reveals the elegant wonders of the true holistic workings of nutrition, from the cellular level to the operation of the entire organism. “Whole” is a marvelous journey through cutting-edge thinking on nutrition, led by one of the masters of the science.
T. Colin Campbell Online: Website | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Pinterest | LinkedIn
- Why protein may not be what we think it is.
- What peanuts have to do with protein and liver cancer.
- Why families in the Philippines who had ‘adequate’ protein were the ones more likely to get cancer
- How protein was acting as a catalyst for cancer
- How he T Colin Campbell spent 27 years researching how protein causes cancer
- Why ‘getting enough protein’ is a myth
- Why ‘high quality’ protein can turn on cancer cells faster.
- Are there any studies that show protein deficiency?
- Why the more protein we get in, the less nutrition we have in our diet.
- What is wholism?
- (Vegan & Vegetarian)
- Why T Colin Campbell wrote Whole
- Why separating the vitamins from the plant doesn’t work
- Why vitamin E supplements have been shown to cause cancer
- Why biological complexity cannot be overemphasized (and what that really means)
- Why there’s no such thing as a side-effect with medicine, only effects
- Why the #1 cause of death is nutritional ignorance
- Why health is NOT all about our genes
- What the statistics say on the war on cancer?
- Why according to T. Colin Campbell, most professionals would say the war on cancer has largely failed.
- Why ‘targeted drug therapy’ is wrong
- Two films to check out, Fork over Knives and “Plant Pure Nation” (Vegan & Vegetarian)
- What is ‘The China Study’ and what does it mean for us today.
- Why protein causes chemistry in rats.
- What allowed T. Colin Campbell to take a big picture approach and see the importance of Nature
- What the results of the China Study were
- Why cholesterol levels were so incredibly low
- Why there was no heart disease in many populations
- What is a Whole Foods Plant Based diet? What does it include and exclude?
- Why you don’t want to eat white rice
- Why you don’t want to eat vegetable oil
- Why supplements aren’t as healthy as we thought they were
- Why mineral supplements may not be necessary, but may be a good hedge against depleted soil.
- What would T Colin Campbell say to a friend diagnosed with cancer?
- What is a study that T. Colin Campbell is looking for funding for?
- What is the Plant Based Nutrition Program?
- Why the USDA guidelines are seriously flawed
- How do you implement a Whole Foods Plant based dietin your home and for kids
- Why you may want to check out The Plant Pure Nation Cookbook and China Study Cookbook
- How we recover taste buds with Whole Foods
INSPIRE #150: Nutrition Science That Can Save Your Life & Help You Feel Better Today! (Joel Fuhrman, MD, The End of Dieting)
How Not to Die! Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent & Reverse Disease (Dr. Michael Greger)
How to Supercharge Your Immune System & Cure Autoimmune Disease 100% (Dr. Terry Wahls, The Wahls Protocol)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.