INSPIRE #150: Nutrition Science That Can Save Your Life & Help You Feel Better Today!
Discover why today’s diets (Paleo, Mediterranean, Atkins, High Fat…) may be hurting or killing you, what the science says & how to eat to live longer, healthier & smarter!
Listen to the podcast below!
PRE-ORDER JOEL FUHRMAN’S NEWEST BOOK:
If you find yourself confused by diets, yo-yo-up and down with your weight, or even confused by the conflicts amongst the guests we bring on the show…sorry folks! Then do we have the show for you!
Today we’ll be talking with an anti-diet expert. His name is Dr. Joel Fuhrman, and he’s one of Americans leading nutrition experts, he’s appeared on Dr. Oz and even has his own PBS television shows, and if you’ve ever shopped at Whole Foods, he’s the inventor of the ANDI score.
He’s also the NY Time best-selling author of Eat to Live: The Amazing Nutrient-Rich Program for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss, Revised Edition (as well as 4 other NY Times Bestsellers!), and has a beautiful new book out, The End of Dieting: How to Live for Life.
And that’s just what I want to talk with Joel about…Atkins, Low Carb, High Fat, Ketone, Vegan, Paleo, Wheat Belly, and the list goes on and on.
And yet, we’re getting fatter, or at the very least, NOT getting healthier. So I want to talk to him about getting some clarity, and figuring out what in the world is going on and what we do to get things back on track.
And I want to talk with him about making it easy…All-too-often, we here the latest diet craze, but if it takes 10 hours to prepare our food, or we don’t even know where to begin, then we’re sunk before we even start.
So hopefully today we’ll stop a bit of the madness, and put an end to dieting once and for all.
MORE ON JOEL FUHRMAN, MD:
Joel Fuhrman, M.D. is a board-certified family physician, New York Times best-selling author and nutritional researcher who specializes in preventing and reversing disease through nutritional and natural methods. Dr. Fuhrman is an internationally recognized expert on nutrition and natural healing, and has appeared on hundreds of radio and television shows including The Dr. Oz Show, The Today Show, Good Morning America, and Live with Kelly and Michael. Dr. Fuhrman’s own hugely successful PBS television shows, 3 Steps to Incredible Health and Dr. Fuhrman’s Immunity Solution, and his latest show, End Dieting Forever, bring nutritional science to homes all across America.
Dr. Fuhrman’s #1 New York Times best-selling book, Eat to Live, originally published in 2003 (Little Brown) has sold over 1,000,000 copies and has been published in multiple foreign language editions. In October 2012, Super Immunity (HarperOne) reached the New York Times best seller’s list and in January 2013, The End of Diabetes (HarperOne) became his third New York Times best seller. Dr. Fuhrman’s most recent books, The Eat to Live Cookbook (Harper One) reached #1 on the New York Times best sellers list during its debut week in October 2013 and The End of Dieting (HarperOne), released in March 2014, was #2 on the list for its debut. In addition, Dr. Fuhrman has written several other popular books on nutritional science which include: Eat for Health (Gift of Health Press), Disease Proof Your Child (St. Martin’s Griffin), Fasting and Eating for Health (St. Martin’s Griffin) and the Dr. Fuhrman’s Nutritarian Handbook and ANDI Food Scoring Guide (Gift of Health Press)
Joel Fuhrman, MD Online: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
ANDI Scores for Common Fruits & Vegetables:
- How Joel Fuhrman became an Olympic and World-Championship Level figure skater
- Why there’s billions of dollars spent to protect the meat, dairy, egg and sugar industries
- Three irrefutable facts about nutrition all scientists can agree upon.
- Why studies consistently show if you have an Atkins style diet (more meat, less carb) you have a correspondingly increased risk of heart disease, cancer, and death.
- What’s the most dangerous way to eat, and why we’re almost all doing it.
- Why it’s higher biological value foods that are killing us
- Why we have it all wrong when it comes to protein
- How eating better helps you feel better and function better now
- What is a nutritarian diet
- 4 Basic Principles of a Nutritarian Diet
- What is nutrient density
- Why we want to avoid foods that drive proteins to cancer-producing levels
- Why is a bagel like a piece of chicken
- Why we need to eat foods with high micronutrients and low macronutrients
- Why we should avoid having carcinogens, poisons, and toxic foods
- Farm-raised salmon
- E-coli in commercial raised meats
- Why we want the diet to be largely made of plant foods
- Why Paleo’s out – and quite dangerous
- Why Atkins is out – and quite dangerous
- Why Olive Oil is NOT a health food
- Why you want the whole food, not the oil.
- The miraculous benefits of lignans
- The incredible benefits of sesame seeds and walnuts
- The benefits of nuts of moving from oils to nuts
- How a nutritarian diet lowered blood pressure (without medication) and reduced diabetes (without medication)
- What you want to do on the weekend to prepare your food for the week
- The power of tomatoes (particularly against prostate and breast cancer)
- Why beans are such an amazing food and so protective for the microbiome of your gut
- Strengthen bones
- Fight cancer
- Stabilize blood sugar
- What is an incredibly powerful fat-burning food.
- What are G-BOMBS?
- Why you won’t get gas from beans if you eat them regularly
How Not to Die! Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent & Reverse Disease (Dr. Michael Greger)
How to Supercharge Your Immune System & Cure Autoimmune Disease 100% (Dr. Terry Wahls, The Wahls Protocol)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
*Note: On your PayPal statement, you will see your donation made to “RunBare Inc.” Rest assured, your donation is going to the right place. Thank you!
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment