MORE ON MICHAEL GELB:
Michael J. Gelb is the world’s leading authority on the application of genius thinking to personal and organizational development. He is a pioneer in the fields of creative thinking, accelerated learning, and innovative leadership. Gelb leads seminars for organizations such as DuPont, Merck, Microsoft, Nike, Roche and YPO. He brings more than 35 years of experience as a professional speaker, seminar leader and organizational consultant to his diverse, international clientele.
Michael Gelb is the author of 15 books on creativity and innovation including the international best seller How to Think Like Leonardo Da Vinci: Seven Steps to Genius Every Day. (1998) How to Think Like Leonardo has been translated into 25 languages and has appeared on The Washington Post, Amazon, and The New York Times best seller lists.
In 2007 Gelb released Innovate Like Edison: The Five Step System for Breakthrough Business Success, co-authored with Sarah Miller Caldicott, the great grand niece of Thomas Edison. As Professor Vijay Govindarajan, author of Ten Rules for Strategic Innovators noted, “This book is a must have for anyone who wants to turn creative ideas into profitable reality.”
In 1999, Michael Gelb won the Brain Trust Charity’s “Brain of the Year” award; other honorees include Prof. Stephen Hawking, Bill Gates, Garry Kasparov and Gene Rodenberry. In 2003, Michael was awarded a Batten Fellowship by the University of Virginia’s Darden Graduate School of Business. Michael co-directs the acclaimed Leading Innovation Seminar at Darden with Professor James Clawson. From 2008 to 2012, Michael Gelb also served as the Director of Creativity and Innovation Leadership for the Conscious Capitalism Institute.
A former professional juggler who once performed with the Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan, Gelb introduced the idea of teaching juggling as a means to promote accelerated learning and team-building. He is the author of The 5 Keys to High Performance: Juggling Your Way to Success.
A fifth degree black belt in the Japanese martial art of Aikido, Gelb is co-author with International Grandmaster Raymond Keene, of Samurai Chess: Mastering Strategic Thinking Through the Martial Art of the Mind. Michael Gelb is also a certified teacher of the Alexander Technique, (the method taught at The Juilliard School for cultivating commanding stage presence), and the author of the classic work: Body Learning: An Introduction to the Alexander Technique.
Michael’s 1988 release Present Yourself! Captivate Your Audience with Great Presentation Skills guides readers to develop the communication strategies they need to generate support for their innovative ideas.
Michael has also created many best selling audio programs, including: Mind Mapping: How to Liberate Your Natural Genius, Work Like Da Vinci: Gaining the Creative Advantage in Your Business and Career and The Spirit of Leonardo. Michael’s passion for applying genius thinking to personal and organizational development is also expressed in his Harper Collins release (2002) Discover Your Genius: How To Think Like History’s Ten Most Revolutionary Minds. Published in 2010, Wine Drinking For Inspired Thinking: Uncork Your Creative Juices, offers a unique, original and very enjoyable approach to team building. In 2012, Michael released Brain Power: Improve Your Mind As You Age and in 2014, Creativity On Demand: How to Ignite and Sustain the Fire of Genius. His newest book is The Healing Organization: Awakening the Conscience of Business to Help Save the World.
Michael Gelb Online: Website
Key Points Discussed:
- What we can do at work to begin to change the world (03:10)
- Being more successful by being consistently kind and focusing on the needs of those around us (09:48)
- Shifting businesses to the notion of stakeholders rather than just shareholders (13:36)
- How do we as individuals choose which companies to work for to support that which supports us? (19:51)
- Planned obsolescence and how exploitative it is of customers and the earth (27:50)
- What we can do when we are in a company that is performing shock experiments on their employees and customers? (34:43)
- What do we do if we’re in the barrel and can we actually make a difference when we’re feeling we can’t? (41:05)
- Out of all companies, which one expresses the most positive story or best model for us to understand moving forward? (44:14)
- Healing ourselves and aligning our daily lives around a higher intention (51:07)
- The truly human leadership by Bob Chapman at Barry Wehmiller companies (57:20)
- The power of an idea that is just right for its time (1:00:57)
INSPIRE #737: HOW TO THINK LIKE LEONARDO DA VINCI! + Guided Meditation (Michael Gelb, “How To Think Like Leonardo Da Vinci”)
INSPIRE #711: HOW TO ENHANCE YOUR RELATIONSHIPS AT WORK, HOME & LIFE! + Guided Meditation | (Michael Gelb, “The Art Of Connection”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.