MORE ON MARK NEPO:
Mark Nepo is a poet and philosopher who has taught in the fields of poetry, health, and spirituality for forty years. A New York Times #1 bestselling author, he has published fourteen books and recorded eight audio projects. Mark has appeared with Oprah Winfrey on her Super Soul Sunday program on OWN TV, and has also been interviewed by Robin Roberts on Good Morning America. His work has been translated into more than twenty languages. Mark keynotes regularly for conferences and corporations, works with healing and medical communities, including chaplains and therapists, speaks and offers workshops for colleges and universities, and leads spiritual retreats.
In 1987, Mark was diagnosed with a rare form of lymphoma. The heart of that journey and its aftermath has greatly informed his work. Ever since, he has been a student of all paths and his work has explored the common center and unity of all spiritual traditions, focusing on how we can experience that unity when we can lean into life and hold nothing back. Ultimately, he explores with others how to live wholeheartedly, so we can inhabit the gifts we are born with and find the language of our own wisdom.
- Who was Howard Zinn and how did he influence Mark Nepo?
- How did Mark shift from the self to community with this book?
- What’s a little raft vs. a big raft and what’s Mahayana Buddishm?
- What does it mean that our inner work and outer work is inexplicably linked?
- What can we learn from Ramana Maharshi?
- How did he come to start this 12 year project?
- Why do matters of the heart matter now more than ever?
- What can we learn from past societies about community?
- What can we learn from the native Americans of the past about community?
- What’s the danger of self-centered living?
- What’s an inverted way of thinking?
- What is the danger of cynicism?
- What is Tikkun Olam and why is it so important?
- What was Potlatch from the Native American culture and why was it banned for 70 years?
- What’s the importance of personal responsilbility?
- What can we learn from Mark Nepo’s parents?
- Why don’t we want to teach our kids musical chairs?
- Why do we re-enact battles instead of conversations?
- What can we learn from bonobos and chimpanzees?
- What it means to be the best for the world, rather than the best in the world?
- For more info visit: MarkNepo.com
INSPIRE #792: HOW TO USE JOURNALING TO FREE YOUR SOUL! (Mark Nepo,”Things That Join The Sea And The Sky”)
INSPIRE #521: HOW TO LIVE THE LIFE YOU’RE GIVEN! + Guided Meditation (Mark Nepo, “The One Life We’re Given”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.