MORE ON DEAN KARNAZES:
TIME magazine named Dean Karnazes as one of the “Top 100 Most Influential People in the World.” Men’s Fitness hailed him as one of the fittest men on the planet. An internationally recognized endurance athlete and NY Times bestselling author, Dean has pushed his body and mind to inconceivable limits. Among his many accomplishments, he has run 350 continuous miles, foregoing sleep for three nights. He’s run across Death Valley in 120 degree temperatures, and he’s run a marathon to the South Pole in negative 40 degrees. On ten different occasions, he’s run a 200-mile relay race solo, racing alongside teams of twelve.
His most recent endeavor was running 50 marathons, in all 50 US states, in 50 consecutive days, finishing with the NYC Marathon, which he ran in three hours flat.
Dean and his incredible adventures have been featured on 60 Minutes, The Late Show with David Letterman, CBS News, CNN, ESPN, The Howard Stern Show, NPR’s Morning Edition, the BBC, and many others. He has appeared on the cover of Runner’s World and Outside, and been featured in TIME, Newsweek, People, GQ, The New York Times, USA TODAY, The Washington Post, Men’s Journal, Forbes, The Chicago Tribune, The Los Angeles Times, and the London Telegraph, to mention a few. He is a monthly columnist for Men’s Health, the largest Men’s publication in the world.
Beyond being a celebrated endurance athlete, philanthropist, and bestselling author, Dean is an accomplished businessman with a notable professional career working for several Fortune 500 companies and startups alike. A graduate of USF’s McLaren School of Business & Management, with additional graduate-level coursework at Stanford University, he is uniquely able to demonstrate how the lessons learned from athletics can be applied to business, and he is able to convey, with authenticity, the many insights he has gleaned along the way as an athlete and business professional.
Dean Karnazes Online: Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Who was Gus Gibbs and how did he influence Dean Karnazes’s life?
- What happened to Dean at Greek Orthodox Church as a child, and how did that influence his later running?
- What happened at Dean’s first foot race at age 5?
- What did his dad tell Dean about Pheidippides?
- What do the world’s most famous calves have to do with anything?
- How did Dean lose running in search of the American Dream?
- What happened to Dean’s sister Pary and how did her death influence his life?
- How did Dean find himself running in silk underwear on his 30th birthday and how did it propel him back into running?
- How did he learn about Ultra’s and what happened in his first 100 mile run?
- What did Dean’s wife say when he told her he was resigning from his job?
- What’s the real story behind the marathon runner Pheidippides?
- What happened to Dean on his first trip to Greece – and what was his spiritual experience there?
- How did life in Greece change Dean and inspire his running?
- What became Dean’s mission and what happened?
- What is the Spartathalon?
- What is sleep running?
- How did Dean have an out-of-body experience?
- What one homework assignment would Dean give us to chase our own dreams?
- To Find Out More Visit: http://www.DeanKarnazes.com
How to Be Fearless & Find Greatness (Dean Karnazes, Ultramarathon Man)
How to be a Peaceful Warrior & Do Amazing Things (Lisa Smith-Batchen, Badwater Ultramarathon Champion)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.