MORE ON FRAN SORIN:
Fran Sorin is an author, gardening and creativity expert, and coach. She also has extensive media experience—as a media trainer, broadcaster, journalist, inspirational speaker, and celebrity spokesperson. Fran has coached top managers, CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, and politicians on how to deal with the media in a compelling and authentic manner.
Her book, Digging Deep: Unearthing Your Creative Roots Through Gardening, was groundbreaking when published in 2004. It was the first book to address gardening in the context of creativity and as a tool for joy and well-being. The New Revised Edition, recommended by Andrew Weil, M.D. as a “profound and inspiring book ”, is even more vital today because our culture has become increasingly obsessed with technology and progressively more nature deprived.
From the moment that Fran decided she wanted to share her passion for gardening with a large audience and approached the local Fox TV station in Philadelphia about doing some gardening TV features, she became a fixture on the TV circuit. She spent years as a gardening authority on Philadelphia’s Fox and NBC stations, was the regular gardening contributor on NBC’s Weekend Today Show, and made several appearances on CNN, MSNBC, Lifetime, HGTV, DIY, and the Discovery Channel. She has also been a celebrity spokesperson for OurHouse.com, MSNBC, and Garden Weasel.
Fran has been a CBS Radio News correspondent for 12 years. Her Digging Deep gardening features are heard several times a week on CBS Radio stations throughout the United States. She has also written dozens of articles about gardening and well-being for USA Weekend Magazine, Radius Magazine, and iVillage. Fran was instrumental in developing iVillage’s Garden Channel and was their “Green Thumb” gardening expert.
Even prior to becoming an ordained interfaith minister, Fran was ministering to folks whether she was taking on the role as a a broadcast executive, media trainer, garden designer, TV personality, or radio host. By the time Fran finished college, she knew that she wanted to combine her passion for living creatively with a deep desire to help people experience more fulfilling lives. She has spent the past thirty-five years studying, researching, experimenting, and working on her self and with clients on getting to their authentic creative selves. Fran’s greatest strengths are in connecting to audiences and individuals and galvanizing them to take action … whether speaking live, on TV, on the radio, through her writing, or as a coach. Fran is a graduate of the University of Chicago with Honors in Psychology and One Spirit Interfaith Seminary where she was ordained as an Interfaith Minister.
She has spent more than twenty-five years initiating and working on community projects that have served the diverse community of West Philadelphia, including Radnor Recycles for Refugees and Shooting for the Stars, a non-profit organization and motivational program for elementary students, and has recently initiated a community garden and learning center on the grounds of a church in an underprivileged neighborhood of West Philadelphia.
Fran is also one of the co-founders of (and has written hundreds of articles for) GardeningGoneWild.com—a highly respected blog with a roster of renowned gardening authors, designers, photographers, broadcasters, and teachers who have contributed. Fran’s website, FranSorin.com is filled with plenty of resources, all there to help folks improve their lifes.The New Revised Edition of Digging Deep is available for pre-order at: Amazon and Barnes&Noble. Connect with Fran on Facebook / Twitter / Google+ /LinkedIn / Pinterest/ Instagram/ YouTube
- What does the ‘flow’ state have to do with creativity?
- What does it mean to live creatively?
- How did she end up in, and then out of broadcast media
- Why did she write Digging Deep?
- What’s the importance of observing
- What’s a nature journal and what are nature walks
- How can nature stimulate your creativity
- What’s wrong with asking someone what they want?
- How do you discover your wishes?
- How do we open up to new possibilities?
- What does it mean to envision?
- What can we learn from Henry David Thoreau?
- What’s the benefit of limits and boundaries?
- What’s the importance for kids in experimenting?
- What’s the importance of living with ambiguity?
- How do we create an outdoor haven for butterflies?
- What does Irish Spring Soap and old nylon pantyhose have to do with anything
- What would it look like to replace our lawns with native grasses?
- When’s the best time to cut fresh flowers?
- How do we grow the best tomatoes?
- What’s the importance of sharing?
- What’s the importance of celebrating?
- What is unschooling?
- For more info visit: Fransorin.com
INSPIRE #370: TURN IDEAS INTO REALITY & CREATIVITY INTO SUCCESS! (Scott Belsky,”Making Ideas Happen”)
INSPIRE #298: How to Find Direction & Purpose Through Creativity! (Julia Cameron, “It’s Never Too Late to Begin”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.