INSPIRE #370: TURN IDEAS INTO REALITY & CREATIVITY INTO SUCCESS!
Scott Belsky Shares How to Make Ideas Happen & Turn Creativity Into Reality for Business, Career & Life Success!
Listen to the podcast below!
BOOKS BY SCOTT BELSKY:
If you’ve ever wanted to achieve your goals, get things done, or take your ideas from inception to reception, then do we have the happening show for you!
Today we’ll be talking with Scott Belsky, co-founder and former CEO of Behance, investor and author and the international best-selling author of Making Ideas Happen: Overcoming the Obstacles Between Vision and Reality.
And that’s just what we’ll be talking about today, about overcoming the obstacles between vision and reality to turn your ideas into spectacular achievements, or at least get things done!
That plus we’ll talk about Zappos and cowbells, the dangers of brainstorming, killing ideas liberally, the benefits of fighting, the tao of follow-up, and why we all need a quieter lizard-brain.
MORE ON SCOTT BELSKY:
Scott Belsky is a General Partner at Benchmark. Previously, Scott co-founded Behance in 2006, and served as CEO until Adobe acquired Behance in 2012. Millions of people use Behance to display their portfolios, as well as track and find top talent across the creative industries. For three years, Scott served as Adobe’s Vice President of Products, rebooting Adobe’s mobile product strategy and leading Behance, the leading online platform for creatives to showcase and discover creative work.
Over the years, Scott has pursued other projects to help organize and empower the careers of creative people. These include 99U, Behance’s think tank and annual conference devoted to execution in the creative world. Scott is also the author of the international bestselling book Making Ideas Happen (Portfolio Imprint, Penguin Books, April, 2010).
Scott actively advises and invests in businesses that cross the intersection of technology and design, and help empower people, among other criteria. Prior to joining Benchmark, Scott was an early investor and advisor in Pinterest, Uber, Warby Parker, and Periscope as well as several others in the early stages. Scott is also an investor and Board member of sweetgreen, a values-driven locally-sourced seasonal kitchen.
Prior to founding Behance, Scott helped grow the Pine Street Leadership Development Initiative at Goldman, Sachs & Co. Scott was especially focused on organizational improvement and strengthening relationships with clients. Scott serves on the Advisory Board of Cornell University’s Entrepreneurship Program and is a member of the Board of Trustees for the Smithsonian Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum. He attended Cornell University as an undergraduate and received his MBA from Harvard Business School.
Scott Belsky Online: Website | Linkedin | Twitter | Instagram
Read Scott’s “‘Positive Slope” writing: https://medium.com/positiveslope
- What Scott learned at Goldman Sachs in Pine Street
- What he learned about creativity in business from Harvard Professor Teresa Amabile
- What he was learning about how to take extraordinary creative people and help them be more productive
- What is Behance?
- What’s the importance of organization in your career or entrepreneur
- What can we learn from the artist Thomas Kinkade
- What can we learn from James Paterson
- What is the creativity and impact formula and why is it important
- What’s the ‘creative’s compromise’
- What’s the Action Method and how do we get projects started?
- What’s the power in your career of sharing your ideas with others?
- What are our action steps?
- How do we keep from having a reactionary work-flow
- What do we do to manage our email
- What can we learn from David Allen’s Getting Things Done strategies
- What can we learn from Seth Godin and having a ‘quieter lizard brain’?
- What’s the tao of follow-up?
- What’s the importance of rituals in business, success and getting things done
- What can we learn from Zappos and cowbells?
- What can we learn from Chris Anderson and wired?
- What’s the importance of sharing your ideas liberally in your career and business?
- What are the benefits of fighting in your company and as an entrepreneur or team / career member?
- What it means for a team to have a really strong immune system
- How do we try to maximize happiness and what’s the benefit of play in the workplace?
INSPIRE #369: WHAT YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE MEANS FOR YOUR SUCCESS & HAPPINESS! (Brian R Little, “Me, Myself, and Us”)
INSPIRE #337: Your Game Changer for Happiness & Success – Play!!! (Jessica Lee & Michael Sandler)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment