If you’ve wanted a second chance in life, to do the things you always wished you done, or would have done, if only you had the time, then do we have the creativity show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Julia Cameron the author of more than 40 books, including:
Today we’ll talk about rediscovering creativity and meaning in your life, and living the life you meant to live.
That plus we’ll talk about piano lessons, a Scottie named blue, boxer dogs, a pony named chico, black beans and rice, bird-watching homes, vintage Mercedes sedans, and what in the world a censor named nigel, has to do with anything.
MORE ON JULIA CAMERON:
Julia Cameron has been an active artist for more than thirty years. She is the author of more than thirty books, fiction and nonfiction, including her bestselling works on the creative process: The Artist’s Way, Walking in This World, Finding Water, and The Writing Diet. A novelist, playwright, songwriter, and poet, she has multiple credits in theater, film, and television.
Latest endeavor: Julia Cameron Live, an online course and artists’ community led by Julia. It is the most comprehensive discussion she has ever done on The Artist’s Way, and the first time she has allowed cameras in her home. www.juliacameronlive.com
Julia Cameron Online: Website | Facebook | Twitter
You can also find Julia via Penguin.
- How she found her dog Lily
- What is a brief history of Julia Cameron and The Artist Way
- What are morning pages?
- Why she makes ‘no distinction between creativity and spirituality’
- Why if you do morning pages you’ll get ‘laid’
- Why morning pages is a greasy slope toward truth
- Why you have to watch out for a ‘spiritual detox’
- Why morning pages will give you suggestions.
- What’s an artist date, and why even visiting a pet store can be an artist date.
- How do we refill the inner trout pond
- What’s the power of walking and Nature?
- What’s the power of writing your memoir?
- What’s the censor and how do we ignore it
- How Joel Fortinos at Tarcher Perigee is her editor
- Why there’s no such thing as ‘wasted time’
- What is being a shadow artist?
- How she went from making Hollywood screenplays to making movies
- What is a creative u-turn?
- What’s a drought of doubt?
- How to move past the voice of doubt
- What’s the power of nature?
- What’s the power of synchronicity?
- Why do we want to be the person our dogs think we are?
- What became The Artists Way for Parents
INSPIRE #300: How to Reinvent Yourself! (Barbara Bradley Hagerty, “Life Reimagined”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.