INSPIRE #335: How to Make Your Life an Adventure!
Dave Cornthwaite Shares Life Lessons from Skating, Sailing, Kayaking, Running, Hiking & Swimming!
Listen to the podcast below!
BOOKS BY DAVE CORNTHWAITE:
If you’ve ever wanted to walk away, or skate away from it all, and live a different way, or chase your dreams no-matter-what, then do we have the freedom seeking Say Yes, show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Dave Cornthwaite, professional adventurer, freedom seeker, and author of 3 books including Life is the Slow Lane, a patient quest for adventure.
And that’s what we’ll talk about today, about saying yes to life, taking adventures, and looking at the world, a completely different, more empowered way.
That plus we’ll talk about skateboarding Australia, Priscilla the bike car, Fred the Frog, world record egg-crushing, the power of nutella, how we all won as sperm, and why breaking your foot, might just be the greatest gift in the world.
MORE ON DAVE CORNTHWAITE:
Dave has been an increasingly familiar figure in the UK adventure scene since quitting his job as a really bad graphic designer in 2005.
By developing a wide range of storytelling skills and using these to share a series of unique expeditions, adventures and social projects, Dave‘s reputation as a Yes Man is confirmed with each new chapter in a prolific ongoing career.
At the core, he is a record-breaking adventurer who has travelled over 19,000 miles as part of the groundbreaking Expedition1000 project: 25 journeys of 1000 miles or more, each using a different form of non-motorised transport.
His uniquely entertaining and motivational keynote presentations have been enjoyed on six continents and Dave has also written three books: the bestselling Life in the Slow Lane, a hapless search for love in Date, and BoardFree, the story of how he left his job to skateboard further than anyone ever had.
As an award-winning filmmaker and social media expert, Dave has created hundreds of shorts and occassionally makes films and creative campaigns for other individuals and brands, as well as prolifically sharing his journeys as he goes.
In 2012 Dave founded SayYesMore, an enterprise based on a philosophy of turning strangers into friends, breaking down fears and hurdles and enabling people of all ages to redesign their lives and jobs. With the first ever Yestival in October 2015 and the creation of the ever-growing YesTribe, Dave‘s passionate advocacy of adventure as personal development has contributed to hundreds of individuals heading off on their own journeys, big and small.
Dave Cornthwaite Online: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube| Instagram
- http://www.davecornthwaite.com has all the stories over the last 10 years
- Visit http://www.sayyesmore.com to find out about the Yes Tribe and the Yestival October Festival
- Exploring Mindset:
- September 25-October 2nd along the Mississippi river
- Do Try This At Home on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/meekroadventures
- How he got very depressed
- What happened on his 25th birthday
- What was life like in the 6 months after his 25th birthday
- How he ended up skateboarding the length of the UK
- How he ended up setting a world-distance skating record on his first big adventure
- How it took him 2 ½ years before his next adventure
- How he kayaked 1500 miles for his next adventure
- How he got depressed after each adventure, and wanted to figure out how to prevent depression after an event
- What is Expedition 1000
- How to shift your life
- What in the world is road magic
- Why every stranger is just a friend waiting to happen
- Why you need to promise to yourself with everything that you do
- What’s the importance of telling people what you’ll do with genuine excitement and meaning
- What’s the power of solitude and being out there by yourself
- What’s the importance of saying yes?
- What’s a Yes List?
- What’s it mean to Say Yes More #SayYesMore
- How he did 1000 mile swim along the Missouri when he’d only swam 100 meters at a time before
- Why you never want to listen to advice unless you asked for it
- What was the conversation he had with his kitty cat?
- What happened on journey 12 around the Dead Sea?
- Who’s Emma and how’d she meet them
- What’s the Yes tribe?
- What’s the Yes bus?
- What’s the Yes boat?
- What’s important about Uganda and the River Nile
- Why it’s important to take adventures with your kids
INSPIRE #310: Life Lessons & Adventure from Arctic Alaska! (Nick Jans, “The Giant’s Hand”)
INSPIRE #159: Conor Grennan’s Amazing Adventure to Bring Home the Lost Children of Nepal (NY Times Bestseller, “Little Princes”)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment