If you’ve ever wanted to have more happiness in your life, then do we have the Short Cuts to Happiness show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Tal Ben-Shahar, former Harvard Professor who taught the largest course at Harvard, “Positive Psychology”, and one of the leading Happiness experts in the world. He’s also the author of several fantastic books on Happiness, including Choose the Life You Want, Happier, and his latest novel, Short Cuts to Happiness .
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, life changing lessons he learned from his barber!
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY TAL BEN-SHAHAR:
MORE ON TAL BEN-SHAHAR:
Tal Ben-Shahar is an author and lecturer. He taught two of the largest classes in Harvard University’s history, Positive Psychology and The Psychology of Leadership. Today, Tal consults and lectures around the world to executives in multi-national corporations, the general public, and at-risk populations. The topics he lectures on include leadership, happiness, education, innovation, ethics, self-esteem, resilience, goal setting, and mindfulness. His books have been translated into more than twenty-five languages and have appeared on best-seller lists around the world.
Tal is a serial entrepreneur and is the co-founder and chief learning officer of The Wholebeing Institute, Potentialife, Maytiv, and Happier.TV.
An avid sportsman, Tal won the U.S. Intercollegiate and Israeli National squash championships. Today, for exercise, he swims, dances, and practices yoga. He obtained his PhD in Organizational Behavior and BA in Philosophy and Psychology from Harvard.
Tal Ben-Shahar Online: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn
Happier TV: http://www.happier.tv
- What has Tal Ben-Shahar a leading researcher on happiness been looking into lately?
- What can we learn from our barbers about happiness?
- What’s the importance of “others” when it comes to happiness?
- What’s the importance of relationships?
- What’s the importance of “touch” for our health and happiness?
- What we can learn from Temple Grandin?
- What are the potential benefits of children from hardship?
- What can we learn from Maria Montessori about childhood struggles?
- How do we increase the resilience in our children?
- Why failure is so important for our children?
- What’s wrong with focusing on a child’s grades?
- What do the studies show about our focus (with kids) and happiness?
- What the studies show about money buying happiness?
- What’s the science behind sitting up straight, and what it does for our happiness?
- How do we make the best decisions for our happiness?
- What can we learn from Professor Joseph Badaracco about right decisions?
- What’s the importance of shifting from self-focus to other-focus?
- What can we learn from the studies about shifting perspective and anger management?
- What’s the importance of focusing on praising effort with children and mindset expert Carol Dweck?
- For More Info Visit: TalBenShahar.com
INSPIRE #488: HOW TO BE HAPPIER! + Guided Meditation (TAL BEN-SHAHAR, “Happier” & “Even Happier”)
INSPIRE #261: Happiness 101 – How to Bring Positivity & Happiness to Each Moment (Tal Ben-Shahar, Choose the Life You Want)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment