MORE ON DR. CATHERINE A. SANDERSON:
Catherine A. Sanderson is the Manwell Family Professor of Life Sciences (Psychology) at Amherst College. She received a bachelor’s degree in psychology with a specialization in Health and Development from Stanford University, and she received both masters and doctoral degrees in psychology from Princeton University.
Her research has received grant funding from the National Science Foundation and the National Institute of Health. Dr. Sanderson has published over 25 journal articles and book chapters in addition to four college textbooks, middle school and high school health textbooks, and a trade book on parenting. Her latest trade book, The Positive Shift, examines how mindset influences happiness, health, and even how long we live. In 2012, she was named one of the country’s top 300 professors by the Princeton Review.
Dr. Sanderson speaks regularly for public and corporate audiences on topics such as the science of happiness, the power of emotional intelligence, the mind-body connection, and the psychology of good and evil. These talks have been featured in numerous mainstream media outlets, including The Washington Post, The Boston Globe, The Atlantic, and CBS Sunday Morning with Jane Pauley.
She is currently working on a book (coming in 2020 from Harvard University Press) on why good people so often stay silent or do nothing in the face of wrongdoing.
Catherine lives with her husband, Bart Hollander, and three children – Andrew, Robert, and Caroline – in Hadley, Massachusetts.
Dr. Catherine A. Sanderson Online: Website| Facebook| Twitter
- How did Dr. Sanderson begin researching positive psychology?
- What is a positive mindset?
- What in the world are kittens and rainbow people?
- Why is Facebook making people lonelier?
- How do expectations create reality?
- What’s the impact of subtle triggers on our confidence?
- What’s a failure mindset?
- What’s the importance of adopting a “new label”?
- How much does the placebo effect, affect our mindset?
- Is there a way to reframe stress?
- What’s the importance of self-compassion?
- What can we learn from Professor Goodenough about the myths of aging?
- Will smiling help us live longer?
- What’s the importance of finding the silver lining and taking action?
- What’s the wealthy neighborhood paradox?
- What’s the “Failing Well” program at Smith College?
- What’s the importance of expressing gratitude?
- What are some key ways to change your behavior and your mindset?
- The importance of sleep and mindset?
- How can sex affect your mindset?
- What’s the importance of meditation and your mindset?
- What do studies show is the importance of nature and the mind?
- How can helping others (and giving things away) help our mindset?
- To find out more visit: www.SandersonSpeaking.com
How to Ignite Positive Change In Your Life & Everyone Around You (Michelle Gielan, Broadcasting Happiness)
INSPIRE #980: HOW TO HEAL YOUR BODY NATURALLY & HOW CHRIS BEAT CANCER!!! (Chris Wark, “Chris Beat Cancer”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.