MORE ON DR. RICK HANSON:
Rick Hanson, Ph.D., is a neuropsychologist and author of Hardwiring Happiness, Buddha’s Brain, Just One Thing, and Mother Nurture. Founder of the Wellspring Institute for Neuroscience and Contemplative Wisdom and an Affiliate of the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley, he’s been an invited speaker at Oxford, Stanford, and Harvard, and has taught in meditation centers worldwide. He has several audio programs and his free newsletter, Just One Thing, has over 100,000 subscribers.
Dr. Rick Hanson Online: Website | Twitter
- What does resilience really mean?
- What are the two stages to develop mental resources?
- What’s wrong with most self-help today – and why doesn’t it work?
- What does compassion have to do with resilience and strength?
- What’s a practice of being on your (own) side?
- What happened to Dr. Rick Hanson when climbing on Mt. Whitney?
- How was he saved, and can we be saved by acceptance?
- What does it mean that little things add up over time?
- How can mindfulness truly help?
- What’s it mean to steady the mind?
- How do we be mindful of being mindful?
- How do we move through our emotions?
- What’s the rich soup of empathy children need from their parents?
- What is self-agency?
- How do we unlearn helplessness?
- What is fierceness and where does it come from (and how do we use it)?
- How do we grow thankfulness?
- What do we do when we have two competing “selves” or records playing inside of us – or if we can’t get done what we know to get done?
- How do we grow the inner-strength of confidence?
- What’s the green zone and the red zone?
- To Find Out More visit InspireNationShow.com and to find out about Dr. Rick Hanson’s Foundation of Well-Being program visit: https://www.thefoundationsofwellbeing.com/affiliate/22761
INSPIRE #682: THE NEUROSCIENCE OF POSITIVITY – EVEN IN THE FACE OF NATURAL DISASTERS! (Dr Rick Hanson, “Buddha’s Brain”)
INSPIRE #161: How to Hardwire Happiness for Greater Confidence, Calmness & Contentment (Dr. Rick Hanson, Hardwiring Happiness)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.