MORE ON DR. BERNIE SIEGEL::
Dr. Siegel, who prefers to be called Bernie, not Dr. Siegel, was born in Brooklyn, NY. He attended Colgate University and Cornell University Medical College. He holds membership in two scholastic honor societies, Phi Beta Kappa and Alpha Omega Alpha and graduated with honors. His surgical training took place at Yale New Haven Hospital, West Haven Veteran’s Hospital and the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. He retired from practice as an assistant clinical professor of surgery at Yale of general and pediatric surgery in 1989 to speak to patients and their caregivers.
In 1978 he originated Exceptional Cancer Patients, a specific form of individual and group therapy utilizing patients’ drawings, dreams, images and feelings. ECaP is based on “carefrontation,” a safe, loving therapeutic confrontation, which facilitates personal lifestyle changes, personal empowerment and healing of the individual’s life. The physical, spiritual and psychological benefits which followed led to his desire to make everyone aware of his or her healing potential. He realized exceptional behavior is what we are all capable of.
In 1986 his first book, Love, Medicine & Miracles was published. In 1989 Peace, Love & Healing and in 1993 How To Live Between Office Visits followed. Bernie’s realization that we all need help dealing with the difficulties of life, not just the physical ones, led to Bernie writing his fourth book in 1998, Prescriptions for Living. It helps people to become aware of the eternal truths and wisdom of the sages through Bernie’s stories and insights. Published in 2003 is Help Me To Heal to empower patients and their caregivers and 365 Prescriptions For The Soul in 2004, a children’s book about how difficulties can become blessings. In September 2013 The Art of Healing was published, and it contained 60 drawings by patients and what they reveal. In November 2015 Love, Animals & Miracles was released, and it included heartwarming, inspiring, and informative stories about life.
Dr. Bernie Siegel Online: Website
Key Points Discussed
- Do you still see the perfection in this unique time? (03:16)
- When something imperfect happens it’s a sign God is redirecting you and something good is on the way (03:59)
- How similar we all are on the inside despite having different religions, cultures, and races (06:14)
- The power of touch, love and affection among infants (11:50)
- Our bonding hormones (Oxytocin) increase whenever we pet a furry animal (13:49)
- Facing traumatic times often serves as a wake-up call and an opportunity for new beginnings (15:44)
- Self-induced healing (22:08)
- Interpreting the meaning colors convey in our lives (25:54)
- The power of our thoughts and beliefs (31:04)
- Finding your power in the face of adversity (34:56)
- The power that comes with visualizing and loving your body (39:01)
- Training your body into its full potential and perfect health? (44:20)
- How do we heal the wounds of not forgiving ourselves?(46:05)
- The connection with God (56:07)
- The symbolism in numbers(1:03:57)
- Bernie Siegel narrates his experience receiving a message from a mystic (1:07:42)
- It’s okay to ask for help (1:11:48)
- Be an agent of change and always give from your heart (01:13:52)
- A meditation journey with Bernie Siegel (01:22:05)
INSPIRE #1031: HOW LOVE & HUMOR CAN HEAL YOUR LIFE! (Dr. Bernie Siegel, “Humour And Healing”)
INSPIRE #254: How Animals Inspire, Heal & Transform Our Lives! (Dr. Bernie Siegel – Love, Animals & Miracles)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.