INSPRE #395: WHAT YOUR GUT IS TRYING TO TELL YOU & WHY YOUR HEALTH DEPENDS ON IT!
What Your Gut is Trying to Tell You For Health, Happiness, Immune System, Fitness & Weight Loss!
Listen to the podcast below!
BOOKS BY DR. EMERAN MAYER:
If you’ve ever wondered why you’re struggling with your health, your emotions, or your mind, then do we have the The Mind-Gut Connection Show for You.
Today I’ll be talking with Emeran Mayer, MD, who has studied brain-body interactions for almost 40 years and is considered a pioneer and world leader in the area of brain-gut microbiome interactions and chronic pain. He’s the author of an astounding new book and look at our minds and our health, The Mind-Gut Connection: How the Hidden Conversation Within Our Bodies Impacts Our Mood, Our Choices, and Our Overall Health.
And that’s just what we’ll talk about today, how the hidden conversation within our bodies impacts our mood, our choices, and our overall health, and what we can do about it.
That plus we’ll talk about exotic Bavarian chocolates, the dangers of eating mad, gut microbes and making Xanax, breast milk and valium, dietary lessons from the Yanomami, a bus-ride that shall forever live in digestive infamy, and what in the world rhesus monkeys have to do with going to college.
MORE ON DR. EMERAN MAYER:
Dr. Emeran Mayer has had a major role in the development of one of the world’s pre-eminent clinical and research programs in digestive diseases over the past 25 years, previously serving as the Founding Chair of UCLA Collaborative Centers for Integrative Medicine, and more recently functioning as the Executive Director of UCLA Center for Neurobiology of Stress, and the Co-Director of the CURE: Digestive Diseases Research Center. He has joint appointments in the Departments of Medicine, Physiology and Psychiatry. Dr. Mayer has published more than 300 peer reviewed scientific manuscripts including Nature and the New England Journal of Medicine. He has been interviewed for major publications on brain gut interactions, including Psychology Today, the New York Times, the LA Times, Sunday Times of London, The Globe, The Guardian, The Scientific American, and the European magazines Die Zeit and Der Spiegel. His research was recently been featured on NPR’s “Morning Edition,” will be the topic of a PBS Special on gut microbiota brain interactions in the “Natural Health Breakthroughs with Brenda Watson” series, and was the subject of his Ted Talk, “The mysterious origins of gut feelings.”
- How he started listening to his gut and where it steered him
- What’s the power of journaling?
- How many microbes are in us and on us?
- What do microbes have to do with what we think, feel and say
- How to listen to your gut when you’re shopping for food
- What’s a new view of the human being or the human superorganism
- What are we really made of?
- What is the human microbiome?
- What is the language of the microbiome
- Who is driving the ship, or how are the micro-organisms controlling or talking to us
- How changing the microbiome changes whether we gain or lose weight
- Why we have to be careful which microbes we feed
- How our microbiome has developed for our modern poor diet
- What’s the danger of eating angry?
- What’s the power of prayer for your food
- What does your childhood has to do with your gut?
- How we can help our children’s guts
- How our guts and microbiome has been changed over multiple generations
- How to prevent our kids from getting obese
- What we can learn from Michael Pollan
- What the stress on the mother (during pregnancy too) does for the microbiome of the baby
- What’s the importance of breast-feeding
- What happiness and positivity have to do with your child’s microbiome
- What’s the French paradox?
- What are some of the healthiest diets in the world
- What’s the danger of emulsifiers and additives
- What does our food have to do with our mood
- How does meditation and mindfulness change the microbiome
- How does spirituality and spiritual practices change your microbes
- emeranmayer.com – find lots of interviews and video clips On The Mind Gut Connection
- What’s a Buddhist approach to our microbiome
- What has his meditation practice been like
- What focusing on our breath in meditation has to do with our microbiome
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.