If you or a loved one has ever struggled with loss in your life, then do we have the Grief Works show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Julia Samuel, a pychotherapist specializing in grief, Founder Patron of Child Bereavement UK, and the author of an important new book Grief Works.
And that’s just what I want to talk with her about today, about stories of life, death, surviving and thriving.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY JULIA SAMUEL:
MORE ON JULIA SAMUEL:
Julia Samuel is a grief psychotherapist who has spent the last twenty-five years working with bereaved families, both in private practice and with the NHS at St Mary’s Paddington where she pioneered the role of maternity and paediatric counsellor. She is Founder Patron of Child Bereavement UK, where she continues to play a central role.Grief Works is her first book. Find out more at www.griefworks.co.uk.
- How did Julia Samuel get interesting in grief work?
- What happened to her parents before she was born, and what mark did it leave on her?
- How does she work with those who are grieving?
- What’s the definition of grief?
- What do those who are grieving need?
- How do we help children who have lost a loved one?
- What’s most important for children?
- How do we help a parent who has lost a child?
- What are the most important things to share with children?
- What do children need to know about death?
- What are the best coping mechanisms for death?
- What do we want to make sure we do?
- Where do we begin?
- What’s the importance of getting things out?
- What’s the importance of communication?
- What do we want to do for a loved one who is grieving?
- How can we be a good friend?
- How do we get anger out?
- What’s the importance of journaling?
- How can laughter help?
- What do we need to know about time and grieving?
- What are the single most important things we do if we’re grieving?
- What’s the importance of structure and self-care when grieving?
- And getting out to nature?
- How can meditation and going to the breath help?
- What is body wisdom and how can it help us heal?
- To find out more visit: www.griefworks.co.uk
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.