If you’ve ever struggled with heartbreak or loss, and who hasn’t, then do we have the show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with psychotherapist Susan Anderson, founder of the Abandonment Recovery Movement, and the author of four trailblazing books including The Journey from Abandonment to Healing, Taming Your Outer Child, and her latest, The Abandonment Recovery Workbook: Guidance through the Five Stages of Healing from Abandonment, Heartbreak, and Loss.
And that’s just what we’ll talk about today, about overcoming heartbreak, whether from a divorce, breakup, loss of a job, friend, health or dream, and helping build esteem, resolve issues, make better choices, and increase your capacity for love.
That plus we’ll talk about abandaholics, black swans, emotional splinters, truth nuggets, and what we can all learn from grief-stricken alpha bamboons.
MORE ON SUSAN ANDERSON:
Susan Anderson has devoted more than 30 years of clinical experience and research to helping people overcome abandonment trauma and its aftermath of self sabotaging patterns. Founder of the abandonment recovery movement, she reaches out through her websites, workshops, and media to share her methods of abandonment recovery with abandonment survivors from around the world. Anderson is author of four trailblazing books including Journey from Abandonment to Healing and Taming Your Outer Child which guide people through a protocol specific to healing abandonment, heartbreak, and loss.
Susan Anderson Online: Website | Facebook | Twitter
- What’s her abandonment challenge
- What it means to put one foot in front of the other
- What’s the importance of mindfulness or putting yourself in the moment
- What’s the significance of the black swan
- What is SWIRL
- What are the 5 Stages of Abandonment
- What we can learn about separation and stress from different animals
- What’s the harm of separating young from their parents, even for short periods of time
- What is post-traumatic growth?
- What does it mean we have to learn to accept the pain?
- How a shattering brings you to the center of yourself
- What is an abandoholic
- Can you rewire your abandoholic tendencies to be in love with someone who is good for us?
- Why do we elevate the one who hurts us?
- How do we remove the pain and remove the splinter
- What are truth nuggets?
- What’s the obsessive primal component to abandonment
- What do you do when someone tells you it’s your fault?
- Could the breakup be your fault?
- What’s the role of forgivenss?
- A guided visualization not for relaxation, but to use your imagination to heal
INSPIRE #359: HOW TO HELP YOUR CHILDREN BE HAPPIER, MORE SELF-RELIANT & BETTER STUDENTS FOR LIFE! (Peter Gray, “Free To Learn”)
INSPIRE #356: DISCOVER THE ART OF MONEY FOR FREEDOM, WEALTH, & HAPPINESS! + Meditation (Bari Tessler,”The Art Of Money”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.