MORE ON MO GAWDAT:
Mo Gawdat is the Chief Business Officer for Google [X], a serial entrepreneur and author of “Solve for Happy.”
Mo has an impressive combined career of 27 years, starting at IBM Egypt as a Systems Engineer before moving to a sales role in the government sector. Venturing in to the UAE, Mo joined NCR Abu Dhabi to cover the non-finance sector. He then became acquainted with the consumer goods industry as Regional Manager of BAT. At Microsoft he assumed various roles over a span of seven and a half years, in his last role at Microsoft he headed the Communications Sector across Emerging Markets worldwide.
Mo joined Google in 2007 to kick-start its business in Emerging Markets. He is fascinated by the role that technology plays in empowering people in emerging communities and has dedicated years of his career towards that passion. Over a period of 6 years, Mo started close to half of Google’s operations worldwide.
In 2013 he moved to Google’s infamous innovation arm, Google [X] where he led the business strategy, planning, sales, business development and partnerships. [X] does not attempt to achieve incremental improvements in the way the world works, but instead, it tries to develop new technologies that will reinvent the way things are and deliver a radical, ten fold—10X—improvement. This leads to seemingly SciFi ideas such as: Project Loon, which aims to use high-altitude balloons to provide affordable internet access to the 5 billion people on every square inch of our planet, Project Makani, aiming to revolutionize wind energy generation using autonomous carbon fiber kites as well as Self driving cars, Google Life Sciences, and many more. The business team under Mo’s leadership has designed innovative business models analogous to the disruptive technologies [X] creates, and has created deep partnerships and global deals that enabled [X] to thrive and build products fit for the real world.
Alongside his career, Mo remained a serial entrepreneur who has cofounded more than 20 businesses in fields such as health and fitness, food and beverage and real estate. He served as a board member in several technology, health and fitness and consumer goods companies as well as several government technology and innovation boards in the Middle East and Eastern Europe. He mentors tens of start-ups at any point in time.
Mo Gawdat is the author of “Solve for Happy: Engineering Your Path to Joy” (2017). Through his 12 year research on the topic of happiness, he created an algorithm and a repeatable well engineered model to reach a state of uninterrupted happiness regardless of the circumstances of life. Mo’s happiness model proved highly effective. And, in 2014, was put to the ultimate test when Mo lost his son Ali to preventable medical error during a simple surgical procedure. Solve For Happy is the pillar for a mission Mo has committed to as his personal moonshot, a mission to deliver his happiness message to 10 million people around the world.
Mohammad speaks Arabic, English, German. Outside of work, when he’s not writing or reading up on business and the latest technology innovations and trends, Mo spends his time drawing charcoal portraits, creating mosaics, carpentry and indulging in his passion for restoration of classic cars.
Mo Gawdat Online: Website | Facebook
- What’s the power of knowing your life’s purpose?
- How to make happiness a movement?
- Why does innovation require us to change our ways?
- What does artificial intelligence have to do with happiness?
- What is the new value system we need for happiness?
- How do we realize we are all one?
- What’s a powerful happiness experiment?
- What’s the 99/1 rule and why do you want to spend your life on the 99?
- What does attachment have to do with happiness?
- How can we choose happiness in each moment
- How to move past the suffering of the mind?
- How can meditation help?
- How can we learn to meditate in each movement?
- What’s a way to shift our mind to focusing on the positives?
- How to move past the negative, incessant thinking of the mind?
- How to remove 80 percent of our unhappiness?
- What’s the danger of knowledge?
- Why is knowledge an illusion – and what does the ego have to do with it?
- Where does kindness and compassion fit in with happiness?
- Does speaking to someone from the heart help you or hurt you?
- How can a hard-nosed business executive use compassion in the work place?
- What can we learn about death to transform the moments of our lives?
- What is an exercise we can do to bring more happiness into our days?
- For More Info Visit: http://www.onebillionhappy.org
INSPIRE #624: DISCOVER THE FORMULA FOR HAPPINESS FROM GOOGLE X’s CHIEF BUSINESS OFFICER! (MO GAWDAT, “Solve For Happy”)
INSPIRE #687: HOW TO FIND MONUMENTAL HAPPINESS BY BECOMING COMPLAINT FREE! (Will Bowen, “A Complaint Free World”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.