If you’ve ever wanted more peace and harmony in your life, then do we have the Deep Listening show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Jillian Pransky, mindfulness yoga and meditation teacher, recovering over-strider, and the author of a beautiful new book on softening and healing your heart, Deep Listening: A Healing Practice to Calm Your Body, Clear Your Mind, and Open Your Heart.
And that’s just what I want to talk with her about today, about a healing practice to calm your body, clear your mind, and open your heart.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO (COMING SOON):
BOOKS BY JILLIAN PRANSKY:
MORE ON JILLIAN PRANSKY:
Jillian Pransky is an international presenter and the author of Deep Listening. She is a Certified Yoga Therapist recognized by the International Association of Yoga Therapy and the director of Restorative Therapeutic Yoga teacher training for YogaWorks. Jillian created and leads Yoga Journal’s four week course, Restorative Yoga 101 and is a featured yoga expert for Prevention Magazine. She is a guest teacher at many renowned holistic learning centers including Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, 1440 Multiversity, the Omega Institute, Mohonk Mountain House, and Blue Spirit Retreat Center. Her Calm Body, Clear Mind DVD and Relaxmore CD have garnered excellent reviews from Dr. Mehmet Oz, Yoga Journal, and many others.
Jillian infuses her yoga classes with mindfulness practices, compassion, and ease. Her seamless style of working simultaneously with the body, mind, and spirit, while attuning with nature and the environment, creates inspiring classes and an integrative healing experience.
At age 9, Jillian was first introduced to yoga as well as initiated into TM Meditation (her mother’s idea of ‘family counseling’). But it wasn’t until the early 90’s that she began a passionate study of yoga. She was first certified to teach yoga in 1994 and was initiated into the ISHTA yoga lineage by Yogi Raj Alan Finger and his father Mani Finger in 1998.
Since then she has been graced with the opportunity to study deeply with many masters and today, her work is greatly influenced by Erich Schiffmann, and somatic movement therapist Dr. Ruella Frank. As a student of Pema Chodron’s since 1998, Jillian’s yoga is infused with Buddhist meditation and spirituality. She also draws from trainings and intensives with T.K.V. Desikachar, Sharon Salzberg, Gary Kraftsow, Angela Farmer, Stephen Cope, and more. She is a E-500 Registered Yoga Alliance teacher, ISHTA Yoga Certified, Anusara trained and Certified in Restorative Yoga Therapy and Thai Yoga Healing.
In 2000, after 10 years in the corporate world, Jillian left her position as Mass Market Marketing Director for St Martin’s Press to transform her part time yoga career into her a full time passion. Since then she has been featured in Dr. Memhet Oz’s video YOGA 101, offered a TEDx Talk, and appeared in many publications including The New York Times Well Blog, Yoga Journal, Self Magazine, Family Circle, Yoga Dork, Kripalu Bulletin Magazine, Yoga Journal Mentor, and has appeared on CNN.
- When was Jillian Pransky first exposed to meditation and Yoga?
- What happened to her health when she was young?
- What tragedy sparked great change in her life?
- What was happening with her over-striding lifestyle?
- How did she learn to drop into a place of vulnerability?
- What’s it mean to create space in your life?
- What’s it mean to create space in your breath?
- Why is the breath so important and how can it change everything?
- What’s it mean to “feel grounded”
- Why is being grounded so important???
- How did she use the breath to save her son’s life?
- What does it mean that we’re all struggling with our breath?
- What did she do with her son to overcome anaphylactic shock, and what does it mean for all of us?
- What’s it mean to take a do-over?
- What’s it mean to get back in our bodies?
- Why’s it so important to get back in our body’s when the emotions are running high?
- What’s the 90 second rule?
- What’s the importance of labeling things and letting them be?
- What’s it mean to listen with our heart?
- What’s it mean to listen kindly?
- What is a metta practice?
- What’s the importance of asking “How do I feel right now”?
- How can we use 3 breaths to change our lives in this moment?
- A guided meditation on the 3 breath technique.
- For more info visit: http://www.jillianpransky.com
INSPIRE # 704: THE POWER OF LIVING WITH A WIDE-OPEN HEART & HOW TO DO IT! (Scott Stabile, “Big Love”)
INSPIRE #602: HOW TO FOLLOW YOUR HEART & DISCOVER YOUR TRUTH! (Kamal Ravikant, “Rebirth”)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment