If you’ve ever struggled with an auto-immune disorder or chronic condition, then do we have The Wahls Protocol Cooking for Life, show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Dr. Terry Wahls, clinical professor of medicine at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, and the best-selling author of The Wahls Protocol, and The Wahls Protocol Cooking for Life: The Revolutionary Modern Paleo Plan to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions.
And that’s just what I want to talk with her about today, about how to protect your mitochondria and her groundbreaking protocol, featuring delicious, nutritionally dense foods.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEOS:
MORE ON DR. TERRY WAHLS:
Dr. Terry Wahls is a clinical professor of medicine at the University of Iowa where she conducts clinical trials. She is also a patient with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis, which confined her to a tilt-recline wheelchair for four years. Dr. Wahls restored her health using a diet and lifestyle program she designed specifically for her brain and now pedals her bike to work each day. She is the author of The Wahls Protocol: How I Beat Progressive MS Using Paleo Principles and Functional Medicine, The Wahls Protocol: A Radical New Way to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions Using Paleo Principles (paperback), and the cookbook The Wahls Protocol Cooking for Life: The Revolutionary Modern Paleo Plan to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions.
She conducts clinical trials that test the effect of nutrition and lifestyle interventions to treat MS and other progressive health problems. Learn more about Dr. Wahls’ clinical trials here. She also teaches the public and medical community about the healing power of the Paleo diet and therapeutic lifestyle changes that restore health and vitality to our citizens. She hosts a Wahls Protocol Seminar every August where anyone can learn how to implement the Protocol with ease and success. Follow her on Facebook (Terry Wahls MD) and on Twitter at @TerryWahls.
- What happened when she was diagnosed with MS?
- What conventional treatments did she try?
- What was the outcome?
- What was the prognosis from the “experts”?
- What did Dr. Terry Wahls do to turn things around?
- How did she get her health back?
- What is functional medicine?
- What did she learn about our mitochondria?
- What’s the importance of protecting our mitochondria?
- What’s wrong with the traditional diet today?
- How did she start coming up with a protocol to help those with chronic conditions?
- What’s the importance of 3 cups of vegetables?
- What’s the importance of kale?
- What’s the importance of sulfur-rich foods?
- What’s the importance of having foods of all colors?
- What were the clinical trials Dr. Wahls began to prove the protocol would work for others?
- What has Dr. Wahls done at the VA hospital to help patients with chronic conditions?
- What are inflammatory foods and what do they have to do with the immune system?
- What’s the importance of getting kids involved in the kitchen?
- What is Orthorexia and why is it so prevalent these days?
- What one homework assignment would Dr. Terry Wahls give us to improve our health today.
- For More Info Visit: www.TerryWahls.com
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.