If you’ve ever wanted to change your state of consciousness and awareness, to live an ecstatic life, then do we have the Peak Brain show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Dr. Andrew Hill, who holds a PhD in Cognitive Neuroscience From UCLA, and continues to do research on attention and cognition. He’s also a leading peak performance coach.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about changing your brain to be in a state of peak performance, and ecstasy.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
MORE ON DR. ANDREW HILL:
Dr. Andrew Hill is one of the top peak performance coaches in the country. He holds a PhD in Cognitive Neuroscience from UCLA’s department of Psychology and does research on attention and cognitive performance. Dr. Hill is the founder of Peak Brain Institute, host of the Head First Podcast with Dr. Hill, Lead Neuroscientist at truBrain, and lectures at UCLA, teaching courses in psychology, neuroscience, and gerontology.An avid adventurer and sailor, he embarked on a 16 month voyage to sail around the world. This built his courage, strengthened his leadership skills in ways that can never be learned sitting behind a desk, and reignited his sense of adventure.
- How did early school life as a student with ADHD affect him?
- What happened in 7th grade that changed the course of his life.
- How did Dr. Hill end up studying the brain?
- What did he learn while interning with Larry Hirschberg of the Neurodevelopment center in Providence?
- What was his experience with developmentally challenged students?
- How’d he get inspired to go to school for his PhD?
- What does dancing on mountain-tops have to do with ecstatic experiences?
- What are peak experiences and what do the have to do with the brain?
- What’s the importance of getting out of your head?
- What does it mean to access a place of extraordinary consciousness for extraordinary reality?
- How can we have peak epxeriences without going to the top of the mountain?
- What can we learn about the mind from the Buddhist 4 Noble Truths?
- What does it mean that shift happens?
- Can we change the brain at any age?
- Is the brain always changing?
- What’s the importance of mindfulness?
- What does meditation look like to him, and how can it help?
- Why is active meditation so important?
- What’s the benefit of piano lessons for the brain, particularly as one is aging?
- What activities can people, especially as they age, do to stack success for the mind?
- What are some of the best activities to reverse aging in the mind?
- What’s the importance of struggle for the brain?
- How do we restructure our brains through exercises for the mind?
- What are some exercises we can do for our own minds?
- How can neurofeedback help the brain?
- What’s the importance of sleep for the brain, and how does it change the brain?
- What’s the importance of getting 2-3 minutes of sunlight first thing in the morning?
- What’s the danger to sugar for the brain?
- What advice would Dr. Andrew Hill give for parents if they have a child diagnosed with ADHD?
- What one homework assignment can we begin to work on our brains today?
- To find out more go to: PeakBrainInstitute.com
INSPIRE #568: HOW TO TRAIN YOUR BRAIN FOR BREAKTHROUGH IDEAS! + Guided Meditation (Olivia Fox Cabane & Judah Pollack, “The Net And The Butterfly”)
INSPIRE #510: HOW TO HAVE A HAPPY BRAIN!!! (Loretta Breuning, PhD, “Habits Of A Healthy Brain”)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment