MORE ON SCOTT SONENSHEIN:
Scott Sonenshein is the Henry Gardiner Symonds Professor of Management at Rice University. His award winning research, teaching, and consulting has helped Fortune 500 executives, entrepreneurs, and professionals in industries such as technology, energy, healthcare, retail, education, banking, manufacturing, and non-profits. He holds a PhD in management and organizations from the University of Michigan, an MPhil from the University of Cambridge, and a BA from the University of Virginia. He has also worked as a strategy consultant for companies such as AT&T and Microsoft and lived the rise and fall of the dotcom boom while working at a Silicon Valley startup.
Scott’s research appears in the very top journals and often uses inductive field methods, including interviews, observations, and participant-observation. He also uses experiments and surveys to add confidence to his findings. He has contributed to several bodies of research in management and psychology, including change, creativity, decision making and influence. Scott currently sits on five distinguished editorial boards, and is a former associate editor of the Academy of Management Journal.
Scott’s expertise and perspectives have been sought by a variety of media outlets, including The New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Time Magazine, Fast Company, Harvard Business Review as well as local television and radio.
He lives in Houston, Texas with his two daughters, and wife, Randi.
Scott Sonenshein Online: Website | Facebook | Twitter
- What did he learn from working at tech start-up Vividence?
- What happened to his colleague Jeremy Glick on Sept. 11, 2001?
- What happened to the Dot Com industry in 2001 and how did that steer Scott’s life?
- What can we learn from Dick of D.G. Yunegling & Son?
- What can we learn from the demise of Strohs?
- What is chasing and who are chasers?
- What’s the importance of a better use of our resources?
- Who in the world is Van Man and what can we learn from him?
- What are the consequences of a chasing mindset?
- How does social media influence chasing?
- What were the results of the social media studies on measuring well-being and satisfaction?
- What does Bobo the Bear and a toy lion have to do with anything?
- When do younger kids beat older kids at problem solving?
- What can we learn from Randi Sonenshein about Borders and the Sony Reader?
- What really happened to Borders bookstore and what can we learn from it?
- What do buzz saws and dove chocolate have to do with our behavior?
- What does it mean to embrace a stretch mindset?
- What’s the power of frugality?
- What can we learn from film-maker Robert Rodriguez and bleeding for your money?
- What’s the power of negative and positive prophecies?
- What’s the danger of the dunce cap?
- Why are deviations often a good thing?
- What’s the importance of diversity of ideas?
- What’s the importance or positive result of moving?
- What’s the importance of taking a break and paying less attention?
- What does it mean, and why’s it important to plan backwards?
- What’s it mean to be newlyweds for 14 years in a row?
- How do we cultivate an attitude of stretch in our children?
- What’s one Stretch homework assignment we can do to improve our lives today?
- To find out more go to ScottSonenshein.com
INSPIRE #562: HOW TO LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH EYES WIDE OPEN & CREATE YOUR OWN REALITY! (Isaac Lidsky, “Eyes Wide Open”)
INSPIRE #377: Achieve Excellence! through the Power of Small Steps! (Robert Maurer PhD, “One Small Step Can Change Your Life”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.