INSPIRE #265: How to Be Courageous! Ocean Rower, Roz Savage
Roz Savage Adventure Rower Shares How to Find Courage & Happiness by Stepping Way Outside Your Comfort Zone!
Listen to the podcast below!
BOOKS BY ROZ SAVAGE:
If you’ve ever felt you’ve needed to shake things up, get out of your comfort zone, and discover who you are, what you’re made of, and what you can do in life, then do we have confidence building show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Roz Savage, likely the greatest female rowing adventurer of all times, and the author of Rowing the Atlantic: Lessons Learned on the Open Ocean, and Stop Drifting, Start Rowing: One Woman’s Search for Happiness and Meaning Alone on the Pacific.
That plus we’ll talk about rowing naked, cheer me up chocolate, and the secret power of bean sprouts.
MORE ON ROZ SAVAGE:
Roz Savage MBE, an Oxford-educated lawyer, spent the first 11 years of her career working as a management consultant, braving nothing more intrepid than rush hour in London, before an environmental epiphany led to her radical personal transformation into a world-class adventurer. Since 2005 Roz has rowed – solo – across the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian Oceans, making her the worlds foremost female ocean rower.
Roz Savage Coaching: http://www.rozsavagecoaching.com
- Why there’s no ‘wrong kind’ of sunshine
- What got her interested in rowing, and rowing across the Atlantic (without the natural born fitness or athletic ability)
- What was the ‘real world’ like for Roz Savage
- How she worked as a management consultant for 11 years
- How she learned money wasn’t going to make you happy
- What is Carl Jung’s individuation, and how do you start finding out who you are and what’s your purpose.
- What exercise helped her shift her life.
- How she moved past the fear she was going to fail
- How an adventure backpacking in Peru helped change her life – after being influenced by the Celestine Prophecy
- How she beings learning to follow her intuition
- How meditation can help to keep us from being wrapped up in the drama of our lives
- What was Roz’s real-word experiment with meditation and Buddhist detachment
- What she learned from Deborah Veal
- What was her environmental awakening along with Roz’s personal awakening
- How her epiphany came for this rowing adventure
- What were the emotions like leading up to the race
- How she had felt like a real impostor in the past
- How scream therapy (or pillow thumping) can be very helpful, particularly on the open ocean
- What kept her going
- How you get the resilience to go through anything
- What it means to unmoor the boat
- ‘one cannot discover new oceans without having the courage to lose sight of the shore’ – Andre Sheid
- Winston Churchill “success is your ability to go from failure to failure with no loss in enthusiasm”
- Who were mr. self-doubt, mr. critical, and mr. competitive
- When did she start giving kindness and compassion toward herself?
- What happened when her satellite phone broke
- What Roz’s newest adventure is…
- What courage means
- A ton of videos on youtube plus podcasts.
- What Carol Dweck and her growth mindset has to do with being more courageous
- Advice for kids to help them become more resilient, have more grit, and have more courage
- Why you never want to underestimate the importance of tiny choices and tiny actions
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.