How to Stop Wishing, Start Doing & Take Command of Your Life!
Learn Key Achievement Habits & How to Implement Them Today – Quickly go from a Dreamer to a Doer-from One Who Tries to One Who Succeeds!
Listen to the Podcast Below!
Do you ever wonder what your most incredible self is truly capable of, if you were given half the chance? What you could do, build, achieve, design how you could thrive or shine, if only there was a way!
Well if this sounds even remotely like you (and this means pretty much all of us) then do we have the show for you!
In this episode, we chat with Bernard Roth, co-founder of the Stanford D. School, one of the world’s pioneers in robotics, and the primary developer of the concept of the Creativity Workshop. He’s one of the most empowering people you’ll ever meet, and he’s also the best-selling author of one of my new favorite books on achieving your dreams, called The Achievement Habit: Stop Wishing, Start Doing, and Take Command of Your Life.
We’ll talk about moving past the what if’s and the if only’s… so you can stop wishing and start doing, and take command of your life to achieve goals you once never thought possible.
Plus we’ll discuss the power of “crap-ups” and why streaking may be exactly what you need!
- What is the D School at Stanford?
- What is the Achievement Habit?
- Changing Yoda – There is no Try only Do
- How to go from Trying to Doing and why Reasons are Bullshit
- Keep calling yourself on your excuses!
- An exercise to point out the BS
- Why the opposite of what is said may be the truth
- How do we get unstuck by figuring out what the real problem is
- To get unstuck figure out what the real problem is.
- How to change your self-image to a doer and an achiever
- First, you give everything in life it’s meaning
- Avoid the idea of pipe-dreams
- Intention Followed by Attention
- Difference between trying and affirmations
- How to get the world to give you the signal
- The Gift of Failure & The Bias Toward Action
- Don’t sit around thinking about making a move, when you get an idea, make a move!
- Michael: The Million Dollar Demo
- Bernie’s Launch Pad class
- Mistakes as learning tools
- How we used design thinking to build Inspire Nation – Woo Hoo!
- Energy shift between the words “I can’t” vs. “I won’t,” “but” vs “and”
- Helping vs. Assisting
- Why is Streaking or Running Naked Beneficial?
- How to build resiliency into your life
- How you can train people to move past their tribes
- How you can help motivate others
MORE ON BERNARD ROTH:
Dr. Bernard Roth is the Rodney H. Adams Professor of Engineering at Stanford University. He has published widely in the areas of design, creativity, education, kinematics and robotics, and has many awards for both his teaching and research. He also has been an industrial and government consultant and a director of several corporations. He has organized and led workshops on creativity and personal effectiveness, and was a co-founders of Stanford’s “d-school” where he now serves as academic director.
Book by Bernard Roth:
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
*Note: On your PayPal statement, you will see your donation made to “RunBare Inc.” Rest assured, your donation is going to the right place. Thank you!
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.