MORE ON MITCH HOROWITZ:
Mitch Horowitz is a writer and publisher with a lifelong interest in man’s search for meaning. The PEN Award-winning author of The Miracle Club, The Miracle of a Definite Chief Aim, The Mastery of Good of Luck, Occult America, One Simple Idea, and Secrets of Self-Mastery. Mitch has written on everything from the war on witches to the secret life of Ronald Reagan for The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Salon, and Time.
The Washington Post says Mitch “treats esoteric ideas and movements with an even-handed intellectual studiousness that is too often lost in today’s raised-voice discussions.”
He is also the voice of popular audio books, including Alcoholics Anonymous and The Jefferson Bible, and host of the web series ORIGINS: SUPERSTITIONS. Mitch is a former vice president and executive editor at Tarcher Perigee, a division of Penguin Random House.
Mitch Horowitz Online: Website | Twitter | Instagram
Key Points Discussed:
- How did Napoleon Hill help you to become a millionaire as a writer? (03:00)
- The significance of having one definite absolute chief aim in life (07:21)
- Acknowledging what we really want and how it helps us choose our definite chief aim (10:55)
- We don’t have to share our definite chief aim because it shouldn’t be subject to peer pressure or people’s opinions (15:53)
- It is what you put in your mind mentally that makes your person (19:18)
- What’s the power of maybe? (21:23)
- What did Napoleon Hill mean by “Resolve to throw off the influences of any unfortunate environment and to build your own life to order?” (22:42)
- Looking at the circumstances we need to place ourselves in order to begin moving in the direction of our aim (28:24)
- Having imaginary advisors and how it can help us get in touch with intuition or insights of conscious ideas (34:24)
- The 10-Day Miracle Challenge and why it works (42:06)
- Maxwell Maltz, Psycho-Cybernetics, self-image, and the three steps for reprogramming our subconscious (54:07)
- Ralph Waldo Emerson’s three steps to earning wealth and his statement on the individual being born to be rich (1:03:28)
- Émile Coué’s mantra, “Every day, in every way, I’m getting better and better” (1:09:09)
- The way bread smells depends on how hungry you are (1:13:48)
INSPIRE #1254: HOW TO SUCCEED WITHOUT SELLING OUT!!! (Mitch Horowitz, “The Mastery of Good Luck”)
INSPIRE #1052: HOW TO AWAKEN YOUR SLUMBERY GIANT + NAPOLEON HILL & EGYPTOLOGY! (Mitch Horowitz, “The Miracle Club”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.