If you’ve ever wanted to remember things better, then do we have the Memory Craft show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Lynne Kelly, the queen of memory, a senior memory champion, science writer, anthropologist, and the author of a brilliant book on the most amazing memory techniques, “Memory Craft”
And that’s just what I want to talk with her about today, about how to improve your memory with the most powerful methods in history, from medieval bestiaries to Tibetan mandalas.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY LYNNE KELLY:
MORE ON LYNNE KELLY:
Lynne Kelly (Born 1951) is an Australian writer, researcher and science educator. Her academic work focuses mainly on the study of primary orality, as well as the mnemonic devices used by ancient and modern oral cultures from around the world.
She proposes a theory on the purpose of the Stonehenge megalithic, which she believes served as a centre for the transmission of knowledge among Neolithic Britons.
She has been interviewed on different podcasts and radio programs about her work on primary orality, popular science and skepticism.
Lynne Kelly Online: Website
Key Points Discussed:
- Does modern man have the best memory of all time, and how was your memory growing up? (03:26)
- How old were you when you went back to school, and when did you realize that learning about memory is cool? (05:10)
- How the mind can get stronger at any age as long as we are working it (07:40)
- Two powerful mind strengthening methods from medieval Europe that we can learn (08:20)
- Using obscene images to remember things: The Thomas Bradwardine technique (11:29)
- How do we use the alphabet to help create a speech if we don’t want to have that list in front of us? (14:54)
- The way bestiaries help people in memorizing names (16:40)
- Creating memory palaces and how Lynne’s mum influenced her to visit Stonehenge (20:15)
- What to know about the key things we can use to create our own memory palaces (25:27)
- What can you tell us about the stories of indigenous culture and how incredible is the amount of knowledge that has been carried forward for thousands of years? (31:10)
- How every child needs a lot of land that they can call their own and connect with (40:53)
- The importance of drawing things out (creating a mind map) instead of listing them (49:17)
- Are exceptional memorizers made or born? (53:29)
- Improving our memory through making beaded bracelets and necklaces, and the legality of taking such ornaments into school (1:00:03)
- Do kids have a better ability to learn languages than we do as adults? (1:04:03)
INSPIRE #747: BRAIN SECRETS TO GETTING SMARTER, SHARPER & GREATER MEMORY! (Dr. Steven Masley, ‘The Better Brain Solution”)
INSPIRE #164: How to Eliminate Brain Fog & Reclaim Focus, Memory & Joy! (Dr. Mike Dow, The Brain Fog Fix)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment