INSPIRE #164: How to Eliminate Brain Fog & Reclaim Focus, Memory & Joy!
Dr Mike Dow, A Regular on Dr. Oz Shows How You Can Eliminate Brain Fog & Reclaim Focus, Memory, & Joy, At Any Age (Great For Seniors Children & Mommies Too) & Better Health, Sleep, Energy!
Listen to the podcast below!
BOOKS BY DR. MIKE DOW
If you’ve ever felt jumbled, spinny, foggy, short on attention, brainpower, memory…what was I talking about again, or like your mind’s just not working like it used to, then do we have the show for you!
Today we’ll be talking with cognative behavioral therapist and brain fog expert Dr. Mike Dow. He is also the co-host of TLC’s Freaky Eaters and My 600-lb Life Reunion, Logo’s That Sex Show, ID’s Strange Criminal, and VH1’s Couples Therapy. He also appears regularly on The Dr. Oz Show has been on the Rachael Ray show and has a fantastic new book, The Brain Fog Fix: Reclaim Your Focus, Memory, and Joy in Just 3 Weeks.
And that’s just what we’ll talk about today, reclaiming your brain. How to gain focus, concentration, overcome anxiety and depression, sleep better, and even be a better mommy or daddy…or maybe even have smarter kids.
Plus we’ll look at the benefits houseplants, rescuing animals, kicking yourself outdoors, the power of berries and why we should all go crazy with curry.
MORE ON DR. MIKE DOW:
Dr. Mike has trained with some of the country’s most respected doctors such as Imago Relationship Therapy founder Dr. Harville Hendrix, American Academy of Clinical Sexologists president Dr. William Granzig, and even furthered his training by completing The Betty Ford Center’s Professionals in Residence Program.
He is a graduate of California State University, Northridge, Southern California University for Professional Studies, and USC where he was a Presidential Scholar. Currently, Dr. Mike is pursuing his second doctorate at the American Academy of Clinical Sexologists and is a Ph.D. candidate in clinical sexology. Dr. Mike has worked for the Los Angeles Department of Mental Health, Vista Del Mar Child & Family Services in its outpatient services division, and in several Los Angeles public schools.
He holds a Master of Science (M.S.) degree in counseling, marriage and family therapy and a Doctorate (Psy.D.) in psychology and is registered with the California Board of Psychology and the California Board of Behavioral Sciences and maintains a full-time license to practice psychotherapy.
He is very involved in charitable causes and volunteers for the Camp Comfort Zone, the nation’s largest bereavement camp, and The Trevor Project.
He resides in Los Angeles.
- How Dr. Mike Dow experienced his own brain fog
- Why spiking our blood sugar harms us in the short-term, but has some major long-term negative consequences
- What’s polypharmacy, and what’s the danger with it?
- Why high omega 3 EPA has been shown to be as effective in treating major depression disorder has been shown to be as effective as anti-depressants
- Why the food has changed over generations
- What factory farming is doing to our omega 3’s and omega 6’s and fogging our brains, our moods, and causing depression
- What’s the #1 thing we can do to do to squeegee away the brain fog?
- What are pitfall fault patterns
- What is polarization?
- How to grow and shape your brain?
- What’s the harm with artificial sweeteners?
- Why do we want to protect our blood sugar levels?
- What’s a great carb for the brain?
- What’s a blood sugar swap?
- How sugar literally shrinks the brain (as well as factory farmed foods)
- How a modified Mediterranean diet will help grow and maintain your brain – MODIFIED, not the typical American Mediterranean diet
- What are two great foods for the brain —in moderation?
- What you want to swap out in your coffee for something surprising that tastes create and alleviates blood sugar spikes.
- How to protect yourself, before you eat pizza
- Why we need folate, and where to get it from
- A couple key supplements for vegetarians
- Why algae is so important
- What’s the #1 most important food to eat to prevent dementia
- What’s a ‘wellness shot’ you want to prevent dementia and protect the brain
- What’s the danger with several very common sleep and anxiety medications
- What’s the value of time in nature
- Why we want to stay away from fluorescent bulbs (not to mention energy saver bulbs and LED’s)
- What are some top toxins to stay away from (to prevent ADHD, anxiety, depression, dementia)
- What to do if we’re stuck with non-stick pans
- How our plants can help us breathe easier in the home
- What fish to have and which to avoid
- So great hacks to help you sleep at night
- Why sleep is so important –even for men, AND for mommies.
- How spirituality can help
- Why meditation is so important
- Why Rocco is Mike’s little Buddha – and what we can learn from our pets!
- Why we all need a rescue animal
- What’s the power of cuddling?
- What’s the cuddling chemical and why is it so important?
- What’s a mommy brain and what can we do to help?
- What do we want to do for seniors?
- What’s the N-back?
- What foods you can’t live without if you’re senior.
- What’s important for kids brains as well.
- A Bonus Thought Stream guided meditation
Make Your Brain Smarter At Any Age (Dr. Michael Merzenich, Posit Science)
INSPIRE #150: Nutrition Science That Can Save Your Life & Help You Feel Better Today! (Joel Fuhrman, MD, The End of Dieting)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
*Note: On your PayPal statement, you will see your donation made to “RunBare Inc.” Rest assured, your donation is going to the right place. Thank you!
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment