If you’ve ever wanted more love, joy, and success in your life, then do we have the Servant Leadership in Action show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Ken Blanchard, one of the most influential leadership experts in the world, the co-author of The New One Minute Manager, and more than sixty other books with over 21 million books sold in 42 languages. In 2005 Ken was inducted into Amazon’s Hall of Fame as one of the top 25 bestselling authors of all time.
And he is the co-editor of a brilliant new book on leading from the heart, Servant Leadership in Action: How You Can Achieve Great Relationships and Results.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about how you can achieve great relationships and results, by leading out of love.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY KEN BLANCHARD:
MORE ON KEN BLANCHARD:
With a passion to turn every leader into a servant leader, Ken Blanchard shares his inspiring insights with audiences around the world through speeches, consulting services, and bestselling books. Universally characterized by his friends, colleagues, and clients as one of the most influential and compassionate leadership experts in the world, Ken is respected for his lifetime of groundbreaking research and thought leadership. In fact, few people have influenced the day-to-day management of people and companies more than Ken Blanchard.
He is the cofounder and Chief Spiritual Officer of The Ken Blanchard Companies®, an international management training and consulting firm that he and his wife, Margie Blanchard, established in 1979 in San Diego, California. In addition to being a renowned speaker and consultant, Ken is a former trustee emeritus of the Board of Trustees at his alma mater, Cornell University, and he also teaches students in the Master of Science in Executive Leadership Program at the University of San Diego.
Ken’s impact as an author is far reaching. The One Minute Manager®—the iconic 1982 classic that he coauthored with Spencer Johnson—sold more than 13 million copies and in 2015 was revised and released as The New One Minute Manager®. Ken has authored or coauthored 60 books whose combined sales total more than 21 million copies. His groundbreaking works—including Raving Fans, The Secret, and Leading at a Higher Level, to name just a few—have been translated into 42 languages. In 2005 Ken was inducted into Amazon’s Hall of Fame as one of the top 25 bestselling authors of all time.
Ken has received many awards and honors for his contributions in the fields of management, leadership, and speaking, including:
- The Council of Peers Award of Excellence from the National Speakers Association (highest honor)
- Induction into the HRD Hall of Fame by Training magazine and Lakewood Conferences
- The golden Gavel Award from Toastmasters International
- The Thought Leadership Award by ISA–The Association of Learning Providers.
Born in New Jersey and raised in New York, Ken received his master’s degree from Colgate University and his bachelor’s and doctorate degrees from Cornell University. He lives with his wife, Margie, and their beloved dog, Joy, in San Diego, California.
- What’s a chief spiritual officer?
- What does it mean that the old paradigm is broken?
- What’s a one-minute manager?
- Who was the original one-minute manager?
- What is servant leadership?
- Are we all leaders?
- What does it mean that a river without banks is a puddle?
- What’s the importance of a purpose statement?
- What’s it mean to flip the hierarchical pyramid upset down?
- What are the top characteristics of servant leaders from Larry Spears?
- What does it mean that conscious leaders are selfless?
- What can we learn from Simon Sinek about servant leadership?
- What’s the importance of creating a space for others to feel vulnerable?
- What can we learn from Brene Brown about shame?
- How do we counteract shame?
- What’s the importance of celebrating others?
- Why is Jesus the greatest example of a servant leader?
- What was management by wandering around?
- What does it mean that anyone who wants to be first must be last?
- What does patience have to do with being a servant leader?
- What can we learn from Martin Luther King about servant leadership?
- What can we learn from WD-40 about servant leadership?
- What does it mean life is about helping people get A’s?
- What does it mean to truly leade with your heart?
- What’s the importance of compassion?
- What’s the importance of the power of love, rather than the love of power?
- For More Info Visit: KenBlanchardBooks.com
How to Become an Extraordinary Human Being & Live a Legendary Life (Robin Sharma, The Leader Who Had No Title)
INSPIRE #708: DISCOVER YOUR PERSONAL RECIPE FOR GREATNESS! (John David Mann, “The Recipe”)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment