If you’ve ever wanted more greatness in your life, then do we have The Recipe show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with John David Mann, an award winning, best-selling author and one of the most motivational authors out there about his latest co-creation and culinary delight, The Recipe: A Story of Loss, Love, and the Ingredients of Greatness.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about how to spice up your life, and find the love and greatness you desire.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY JOHN DAVID MANN:
MORE ON JOHN DAVID MANN:
John David Mann is an award-winning author whose writings have earned the Nautilus Award, the Axiom Business Book Award (Gold Medal), and Taiwan’s Golden Book Award for Innovation; his books are published in more than two dozen languages and have sold more than 2 million copies. He is coauthor of the international bestseller “The Go-Giver” with Bob Burg, the New York Times bestsellers “The Red Circle” with Brandon Webb and “Flash Foresight” with Daniel Burrus, “Take the Lead” with Betsy Myers (named Best Leadership Book of 2011 by Tom Peters and The Washington Post), and the national bestseller “The Slight Edge” with Jeff Olson. His “Among Heroes,” with former Navy SEAL Brandon Webb, was released on Memorial Day 2015.
John has been creating careers since he was a teenager. At age 17, he and a few friends started their own high school in Orange, New Jersey (called Changes, Inc. — you can read about it in his book, “The Zen of MLM”). Before turning to business and journalism, he forged a successful career as a concert cellist and prize-winning composer. At 15 he was recipient of the 1969 BMI Awards to Student Composers and several New Jersey State grants for composition; his musical compositions were performed throughout the U.S. and his musical score for Aeschylus’ “Prometheus Bound” (written at age 13) was performed at the amphitheater in Delphi, Greece, where the play was originally premiered.
His diverse career has made him a thought leader in several different industries. In 1986 John founded and wrote for Solstice, a journal on health, nutrition and environmental issues; his series on the climate crisis (yes, he was writing about this back in the eighties) was selected for reprint in Utne Reader. In 1992 John edited and produced the underground bestseller “The Greatest Networker in the World” by John Milton Fogg, which became the defining book in its field. During the 1990s, John built a multimillion-dollar sales/distribution organization of over 100,000 people. He was cofounder and senior editor of the legendary journal Upline and editor in chief of Network Marketing Lifestyles and Networking Times.
He is married to Ana Gabriel Mann and considers himself the luckiest mann in the world. You can visit him at www.johndavidmann.com.
John Mann David Online: Website
- What we can all learn from Ben the poodle.
- What is a bonus round in life?
- Why the food we make matters so much in our lives, and the lives of our pets!
- What’s a hint about the next Go-Giver (The Go-Giver Influencer)
- How Kamal Ravikant of Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends on It helped guide The Recipe.
- Why love is so important in life, and what it really means?
- Why love is a guiding principle for John David Mann.
- How the Recipe helps you become a better cook?
- Why is cooking such a beautiful metaphor/s for life?
- How Chef Charles Carroll had an idea for a book
- What does it mean to carve out a life of greatness, of purpose, of meaning, of greatness larger than oneself
- What’s the importance of service?
- Where does the real greatness in life emerge?
- What’s the importance of who (or what) you’re working for???
- What loss has to do with life, and with greatness?
- Why the experience of loss makes us more empathetic to others
- What choices and decisions in life have to do with anything
- What does it mean to control the sail, but not the wind
- What does it mean that everything matters?
- What’s the importance of controlling your space “mise en place”?
- What’s the importance of a first page or beginnings???
- Why tiny improvements matter
- How to move past self-doubt
- What does meditation have to do with anything?
- What’s the importance of presence?
- What’s it mean to taste everything in life?
- Why don’t we want to hide out from our pain, and instead lean into it (and be present with it).
- What is John David Mann’s meditation practice?
- What John David Mann learned from Spencer Johnson and the One Minute Manager
- How he used the Law of Attraction to get his Go Giver sold.
- What’s the power of visualization???
- What can we do in the hypnagogic state?
- What’s the importance of “cleaning as you go” and what’s that mean?
- What is a commitment to excellence?
- What does honor have to do with anything???
- For More Info Visit: http://www.johndavidmann.com and http://www.TheIngredientsOfGreatness.com
INSPIRE #244: The Go-Giver Secret to Wealth, Success & a Happy Life! (John David Mann)
INSPIRE #503: HOW TO STEP INTO GREATNESS! + Guided Meditation (Dr. Pedram Shojai, “The Urban Monk”)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment