If you’ve ever wanted more success, happiness and peace in your life, then do we have The Urban Monk show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Dr. Pedram Shojai, qigong master, master herbalist, and doctor of oriental medicine. He’s also the host of The Health Bridge and The Urban Monk podcasts and the author of an amazing owners manual to living a more balanced, in sync life, The Urban Monk: Eastern Wisdom and Modern Hacks to Stop Time and Find Success, Happiness, and Peace.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about how to use eastern wisdom and modern hacks to stop time and find success happiness, and peace.
That plus we’ll talk about a monthly vow of silence, fasting in Waimea, running in the dark, why you don’t need Oakley iridium’s, the power of bouldering, why hibernation’s a must, and why in the world above all else, you want to do kung fu stances while standing at your desk
MORE ON DR. PEDRAM SHOJAI:
Dr. Pedram Shojai is former Taoist monk who is an accomplished physician of Chinese medicine and has lectured on wellness around the world. His no-nonsense approach teaches esoteric concepts to Western readers in an easy to understand way. His 3 DVD series titled “The Alchemy of Qi Gong” has received acclaim at the COVR awards. Pedram is currently involved in a number of philanthropic causes that revolve around public health, fair trade, and education.
- What happens to our pre-frontal cortex under stress?
- What does it mean to use meditation as an operating system?
- What’s a mental virus?
- What’s the importance of doing greater things if you’re stressed?
- What’s the importance of scanning our body for feelings and sensations?
- What’s the importance of stepping outside of our comfort zone?
- What is time compression syndrome?
- What’s the importance of nature?
- What did Dr. Pedram Shojai learn from building a brain lab and bringing meditators in and testing them
- What was found on brain scans of meditators?
- What’s the importance of movement
- What does physical health have to do with mental (and spiritual) well-being
- What’s the importance of kung-fu stances done at your desk.
- What’s the importance of backcountry backpacking
- Why do we want to expose our kids to dirt?
- What does it mean that money is simply flow?
- What does it mean to live a life of purpose?
- Why do we all want to “goof” off?
- How can we make a difference?
- What’s the most important thing that we do today?
INSPIRE #468: Master Your Time, Master Your Life! (Brian Tracy, “Master Your Time, Master Your Life”)
INSPIRE #404: HOW TO HAVE MORE TIME, MORE MONEY & LESS STRESS THRU MINIMALISM!!! (Joshua Becker,”The More Of Less”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.