MORE ON DR. MICHAEL GERVAIS:
Gervais is a high performance psychologist working in the trenches of high-stakes environments with some of the best in the world, training the mindset skills and practices essential to pursuing and revealing one’s potential. His clients include world record holders, Olympians, internationally acclaimed artists and musicians, MVPs from every major sport and Fortune 100 CEOs.
A published, peer-reviewed author and recognized speaker on optimal human performance, Dr. Gervais has been featured by NBC, ABC, FOX, CNN, ESPN, NFL Network, Red Bull TV, The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Outside Magazine, WIRED, ESPN Magazine and others.
He is the co-founder of Compete to Create, a digital platform business helping people become their best through mindset training. The firm works with a limited portfolio of Fortune 500 companies and leaders to switch on culture and individuals through high performance mindset training and coaching. Clients include Microsoft, Boeing and Zynga.
He is also the host of Finding Mastery, a podcast that takes you inside the rugged and high-stakes environments of those on the path of mastery to explore how they train minds to be at their very best. Gervais unpacks and decodes each guest’s journey, psychological framework and mindset skills and practices. Past guests include, Mercedes Benz Formula 1 Owner Toto Wolff, Microsoft’s CFO Amy Hood, ultra marathoner David Goggins, two-time Olympic gold medalist and FIFA Women’s World Cup Champion Carli Lloyd, CEO of Amusement Park Entertainment Jimmy Smith, Pixar’s CFO Lawrence Levy, Seattle Seahawks Head Coach, Pete Carroll, big wave surfer Ian Walsh, among many others.
Dr. Gervais received his undergraduate degree from Loyola Marymount University. He completed his PhD while studying under the father of American applied sport psychology, Dr. Bruce Ogilvie, at San Diego University, Integrative Studies.
Below you can take a look at some of the projects Dr. Gervais has been a part of. He likes to think of this as his “working laboratory.”
Dr. Michael Gervais Online: Website| Twitter| Facebook
Compete to Create: http://www.CompetetoCreate.net
- How did Dr. Michael Gervais discover sports psychology?
- What were his own early challenges in sports?
- How did he begin studying performance psychology, and who did he study under?
- When did he begin using imagery or visualization work?
- How important is the inner journey to success?
- What’s the importance of discovering ourselves on our path?
- Why is failure important?
- What’s the root of fear and what can you do with it?
- What’s the importance of challenging ourselves?
- What’s the importance of putting ourselves on an edge?
- What can we learn from Felix Baumgartner and the Red Bull Stratos team – and freefall from 128,000 feet?
- What kind of work was he doing to prepare?
- How can mastery be a vehicle to help all areas of our lives?
- What’s the importance of mindfulness?
- What does mindfulness really look like?
- What’s the importance of presence with your mind?
- What’s the importance of doing what scares you and causes your heart to race?
- How do we organize our lives to grow?
- What’s the importance of great stimulus and stress?
- How do we master our fears???
- How to bring about the results you desire through imagery work!
- For More Info Visit: www.findingmastery.net and www.CompeteToCreate.net
INSPIRE #614: DISCOVER THE SCIENCE OF MOTIVATION & HOW TO USE IT FOR SUCCESS! (Dan Ariely, PhD, “Payoff”)
INSPIRE #667: 7 HABITS OF HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE! SUPER MOTIVATIONAL!!! (Brian Buffini, “The Emigrant Edge”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.