If you’ve ever wanted more motivation in your life, then do we have the show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Dan Ariely, Ted Talker Extraordinaire, James B. Duke Professor of Psychology & Behavioral Economics at Duke University, a founding member of the Center for Advanced Hindsight, and the author of the New York Times bestsellers Predictably Irrational, The Upside of Irrationality, and The Honest Truth About Dishonesty, and a new favorite book on motivation, Payoff: The Hidden Logic That Shapes Our Motivations (TED Books).
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about, about the hidden logic that shapes our motivations, and how in the world to find more of it!
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO (COMING SOON):
MORE ON DAN ARIELY Phd:
Dan Ariely is a professor of psychology and behavioral economics at Duke University and a founding member of the Center for Advanced Hindsight. He is the author of the bestsellers Predictably Irrational, The Upside of Irrationality, and The Honest Truth About Dishonesty — as well as the TED Book Payoff: The Hidden Logic that Shapes Our Motivations.
Through his research and his (often amusing and unorthodox) experiments, he questions the forces that influence human behavior and the irrational ways in which we often all behave.
- What happened to Dan Ariely in a fire?
- How was he burned over 70% of his body?
- What’s a pain person?
- What did the nurses have to do daily?
- How and why did Dan try to negotiate with them?
- What was his working hypothesis?
- What would happen to Dan when the scars began to shrink?
- What did he learn about short term pain vs. longer term pain?
- What ideas did Dan discover were false?
- Why was Dan interested in studying motivation?
- What’s irrational thought and why did it intrigue him?
- What can we learn about irrational thought?
- How do we motivate ourselves more?
- Can we motivate anyone?
- How do we set people up for success?
- How do we make getting things done easier?
- What are the unintended consequences of our environments?
- How do we change the environment to change our motivation?
- How do we help kids to be more motivated?
- What is gameification and how does it help kids?
- What are the challenges of modern technology and distraction?
- How do we view time and how does that skew our decision-making abilities?
- What’s the importance of helping others?
- What’s the importance of meaning?
- To Find Out More Visit: danariely.com/
How to Throw Out Your Excuses & Live a “No Limits” Life (Kyle Maynard, ESPY Award Winner & Motivational Speaker)
INSPIRE #413: FIND THE COURAGE TO FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS!!! (Jen Bricker, “Everything Is Possible”)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment