MORE ON KEN BAKER:
Ken Baker is the E! News/E! Online Senior Correspondent and Breaking News Editor, an acclaimed author, producer, public speaker and former pro hockey player.
Ken reports breaking news, conducts celebrity interviews, delivers investigative reports and hosts a range of news segments for E! News, E! Online, E! International, E! News specials and the network’s live events.
Baker has published six books. His newest work is a novel due out in April 2014 titled “How I Got Skinny, Famous and Fell Madly in Love,” a story about an obese teen who is pressured by her family to go on a reality show to lose weight and, in so doing, learns the real meaning of freedom.
His debut novel, “Fangirl” (Running Press, 2012), told the story of a pop star who falls in love with a fan amid a sensational tabloid drama. Ken is adapting “Fangirl” into a movie in collaboration with Converge Media.
Ken is currently at work on a series of Hollywood-themed thrillers set for release in 2015.
His critically acclaimed “Man Made: A Memoir of My Body” (Tarcher Putnam, 2001) told the story of his battle with a brain tumor (a feature film adaptation is currently in development). Baker’s second memoir, “They Don’t Play Hockey in Heaven: A Dream, a Team and My Comeback Season” (Lyons Press, 2003), chronicled the season he spent as pro hockey’s oldest rookie. his first foray into fiction was a novella, “Hollywood Hussein” (Verona, 2005), a satirical take on the capture of Saddam Hussein. Baker is also co-author with former Olympian Scott Hamilton of “The Great Eight: How to Be Happy (Even When You Have Every Reason to Be Miserable)” (Thomas Nelson, 2009).
Baker has appeared as a pop culture expert on Fox News Channel, The Today Show, CNN, MSNBC and HLN. He also delivers exclusive radio reports for the nationally syndicated radio program On-Air With Ryan Seacrest. He also is the creator and executive producer of the E! series The Streets of Hollywood and is developing several TV and movie projects.
Baker first came to E! as Executive News Editor in 2008, re-launching the network’s news-gathering operation. Baker came from Us Weekly, where he served as West Coast Bureau Chief, West Coast Executive Editor and Editorial Director of Usmagazine.com. But Baker was a longtime familiar face on E!, appearing regularly on E! News, Live From the Red Carpet, True Hollywood Story, Chelsea Lately and co-hosting E! News specials.
Baker previously worked as a Staff Correspondent for People magazine, where he reported on celebrity and human-interest stories. Starting in 1996 as an L.A.-based correspondent, Baker was promoted to People’s Northwest correspondent based in Northern California in 1999.
Baker holds a master’s degree from the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism and a liberal arts degree from Colgate University where he majored in geology and played goalie on the varsity ice hockey team. He began his journalism career as a news assistant for David Brinkley and Ted Koppel in the Washington bureau of ABC News. After newspaper stints with the Buffalo News and the Daily Press of Virginia, Baker entered the Hollywood ranks.
Baker, a frequent public speaker at schools and various community, youth and charity events and is a member of the Entertainment Advisory Board of the NHL’s L.A. Kings. He lives in L.A. with his wife and two children.
Ken is a big believer and practitioner of the power of positive thinking and hopes to inspire others through his own life example and creative works to achieve their full potential.
- How did the Kardashians Help Ken Baker to Find Spirituality?
- What did Lamar Odon have to do with Ken Baker’s Spiritual Quest?
- How did he want to mark 20 years of being a reporter in Hollywood?
- How did he start to get his spiritual life in order?
- What experience on the runway left him with severe anxiety?
- How did this experience point his compass toward spirituality?
- What did Howard Stern and atheism have to do with his journey?
- What did he learn from Adam Grant from the Man Show?
- What are some of the spiritual tools Ken discovered?
- What role did Jason Kennedy of E! have to do with his journey?
- What did Ken learn from the pastor Judah Smith?
- What role does meditation play for Ken Blake?
- What has he learned from Christianity, and Buddhism, and other faiths?
- What is “The Work”
- How do we be present with ourselves?
- How do we connect or be present with the Universe?
- What did he learn from Deepak Chopra?
- What are the 4 Soul Questions for meditation?
- What is mindfulwritingcenter.com
- What’d he learn from Headspace?
- Who is the medium Tyler Henry, Hollywood Medium, and what did he learn from him?
- What happened when Ken visited The Field of Dreams in Iowa?
- What he’s learned about spirituality from his kids
- To find out more visit: www.kenbakernow.com and www.mindfulwritingcenter.com
INSPIRE #284: How to Connect with Your Buddha Nature! + Guided Meditation! (Matthew Fox, “A Way to God”)
INSPIRE #431: HOW TO DISCOVER YOUR TRUE PURPOSE & WORTH! + Meditation! (Paul Selig, “The Book Of Knowing and Worth”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.