If you’ve ever wanted a new way to look at spirituality and your relationship with the divine, something that’s both new and timeless, then do we have a mystical show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Matthew Fox, author of over 30 books including Meister Eckhart, The Hidden Spirituality of Men, Christian Mystics and most recently A Way to God: Thomas Merton’s Creation Spirituality Journey. A preeminent scholar and popularizer of Western mysticism, Matthew Fox became an Episcopal priest after being expelled from the Dominican Order by the future Pope Benedict XVI.
Today we’ll talk about mysticism 101 plus, Meisteer Eckhart Thomas Merton, Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, and much more.
MORE ON MATTHEW FOX:
Matthew Fox is the author of over 30 books including Meister Eckhart, The Hidden Spirituality of Men, Christian Mystics, and most recently A Way to God. A preeminent scholar and popularizer of Western mysticism, he became an Episcopal priest after being expelled from the Dominican Order by Cardinal Ratzinger, who later became Pope Benedict XVI. You can visit him at http://www.matthewfox.org.
Matthew Fox Online: Website | Facebook | Twitter
- From Thomas Murton: How do you tell people they’re all walking around shining like the sun?
- How he realized the experience of God in Nature.
- How Tolstoy’s War and Peace became a spiritual and mystical experience for him
- What drew him into the Dominican order, as he was drawn to mystical spirituality
- What is radical amazement?
- Who was Thomas Murton and what was his mystical spiritual experience in Louisville?
- Who was Meister Eckhart
- Who was Thomas Murton?
- Suzuki Zen, Buddhism, Christian mysticism and America
- How Meister Eckhart was alive until 13 when Rumi was alive
- How Meister Eckhart was condemned after he passed away, and how it wiped him off the history books
- Why Carl Jung said Mesiter Eckhart gave him the ‘key to the unconscious’
- What vegetarian, celebration, mantras, and chanting have to do with anything
- Why he wanted to go to Europe to study spirituality
- What is Creation Spiritual Tradition (A tradition of original blessing, rather than original sin)
- Where original sin came from, and why it didn’t exist during Jesus’s time.
- What are the 4 pathways of creation spirituality?
- What is via positiva?
- What Rabbi Heschel says about awe and wisdom, and what awe has to do with mysticism
- Who was Bob Fox, a street priest in Harlem who literally showed the beauty of the cracks in a sidewalk
- What’s the via negativa?
- What’s the inner astronaut?
- What’s the power of meditation and connection to our inner wisdom and intuition?
- Why we’re all artists
- What’s the via transformative?
- What’s the via creativa?
- What is compassion?
- What’s the purpose of justice?
- What is the Isness of God?
- Why Isness is God?
- Why any expression of being is an expression of divinity. For instance the isness of the Cosmic Christ?
- What is the Buddha Nature?
- Rabbi David Sieterman has to say about spirituality inside of all beings
- What is Stations of the Cosmic Christ?
- What are the stations of the cross vs. the stations of the Cosmic Christ?
- How we can meditate of a door
- What is the teaching of a starfish?
- A brief meditation on the Cosmic Christ or the Buddha Nature and light that is inside of all of us.
INSPIRE #179: How to Shine Bright Even through the Toughest of Times! + Guided Meditation (Mirabai Starr, “Caravan of No Despair”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.