MORE ON DR. LISA FELDMAN BARRETT:
Lisa Feldman Barrett, PhD, is a University Distinguished Professor of Psychology at Northeastern University, with appointments at Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital. In addition to the book How Emotions are Made: The Secret Life of the Brain, Dr. Barrett has published over 200 peer-reviewed, scientific papers appearing in Science, Nature Neuroscience, and other top journals in psychology and cognitive neuroscience, as well as six academic volumes published by Guilford Press.
Dr. Barrett received a National Institutes of Health Director’s Pioneer Award for her revolutionary research on emotion in the brain. These highly competitive, multimillion dollar awards are given to scientists of exceptional creativity who are expected to transform biomedical and behavioral research.
Among her many accomplishments, Dr. Barrett has testified before Congress, presented her research to the FBI, consulted to the National Cancer Institute, appeared on Through The Wormhole with Morgan Freeman, and been a featured guest on public television and worldwide radio programs. She is also an elected fellow of Canada’s most prestigious national organization of scholars, the Royal Society of Canada (analogous to the National Academy in the United States).
Lisa Barrett Feldman Online: Website| Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
- What do 8 “failures” at the University of Waterloo have to do with anything
- Why is anxiety and depression so confusing to people
- Can people really recognize their emotional states?
- Are there only a handful of emotional states?
- Are emotional states hardwired into the brain at birth
- Do people worldwide all have the same emotions
- Is there a biological finger print for different emotional states
- How is the brain creating emotion on the fly
- Why is what we’ve learned about emotions so important in experiencing emotions
- What do social constructs have to do with our emotions
- What is the wiring in infant brains
- How do our brains wire themselves to mirror the social and physical environment they grow up it
- Why the big innovation of brains is not cognition but is brain plasticity
- How is the brain guessing what’s going to happen next, and how does it make sense of these sensations
- What do the sensations of attraction and the flu have to do with one another?
- Why our confidence to read people can get us in real trouble
- Why are women more likely to die from heart disease than men
- What does emotional stereotyping have to do with women
- Why is there a glass ceiling for women in their career, and what’s the difference between female expressiveness and male expressiveness
- How does this emotional bias play out in elections with Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump?
- What’s the danger or false perception of an amygdala response?
- Why the amygdala is not really the home of fear, emotion, or irrationality, and what understanding this really means for us.
- What does the limbic system really mean?
- What in the world is the political flu and what does it have to do with our emotions?
- How can we protect our emotional state?
- What it means to titrate our exposure to negativity?
- What’s the importance of mindfulness?
- How is gratitude an antidote to acrimony?
- Where does compassion fit into things?
- What to do when your brain is mobilizing the body to do something
- What it means to be an architect of your own experience and how to empower your life!
- For more info visit: https://lisafeldmanbarrett.com/
INSPIRE #444: HOW TO RELEASE TRAPPED EMOTIONS! (Dr. Bradley Nelson,”The Emotion Code”)
INSPIRE #196: How to Master Your Emotions & Choose Love Over Fear! (CJ Liu, Fire It up with CJ)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.