MORE ON STEPHEN BUHNER:
tephen Harrod Buhner is an Earth poet and the award-winning author of twenty books on nature, indigenous cultures, the environment, and herbal medicine. He comes from a long line of healers including Leroy Burney, Surgeon General of the United States under Eisenhower and Kennedy, and Elizabeth Lusterheide, a midwife and herbalist who worked in rural Indiana in the early nineteenth century. The greatest influence on his work, however, has been his great-grandfather C.G. Harrod who primarily used botanical medicines, also in rural Indiana, when he began his work as a physician in 1911.
Stephen’s work has appeared or been profiled in publications throughout North America and Europe including Common Boundary, Apotheosis, Shaman’s Drum, The New York Times, CNN, and Good Morning America. Stephen lectures yearly throughout the United States on herbal medicine, the sacredness of plants, the intelligence of Nature, and the states of mind necessary for successful habitation of Earth.
He is a tireless advocate for the reincorporation of the exploratory artist, independent scholar, amateur naturalist, and citizen scientist in American society – especially as a counterweight to the influence of corporate science and technology.
Amanda Steinberg Online: Website | Facebook
- What’s the importance of Einstein’s words “We can’t solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them”?
- What does it mean to look with luminous or child-like eyes?
- What happened to people with long hair in Dallas in the sixties?
- What are emancipation papers?
- What did he learn from Elisabeth Kübler-Ross?
- What do butterflies have to do with Nazi concentration camps?
- How do we abandon our preconceptions?
- What does it mean to see and hear in the old way?
- What does it mean to truly become aware?
- What are the challenges with science and a deconstructionist way of perception?
- How do we override our gating, or our limited scope of awareness?
- What does it mean to shift our consciousness?
- How do we develop our senses?
- What does it mean to follow golden threads?
- What do indigenous cultures understand about awarenss?
- Where does imagination fit into awareness?
- How do we see what is right in front of us, rather than merely looking at it?
- What is seeing with caring or seeing with friendship?
- To find out more visit www.gaianstudies.org
INSPIRE #284: How to Connect with Your Buddha Nature! + Guided Meditation! (Matthew Fox, “A Way to God”)
INSPIRE #254: How Animals Inspire, Heal & Transform Our Lives! (Dr. Bernie Siegel – Love, Animals & Miracles)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.