If you’ve ever struggled to get healthy, lose weight, or with chronic illness or inflammation, then do we have the The Healthiest Diet on the Planet, show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Dr. John McDougall, fearless pioneer, author of several nationally best-selling books, and author of one of my new favorite diet-for-life books out there…The Healthiest Diet on the Planet
And that’s what we’ll talk about today, Why the Foods You Love-Pizza, Pancakes, Potatoes, Pasta, and More-Are the Solution to Preventing Disease and Looking and Feeling Your Best
That plus we’ll talk about the protein myth, the calcium myth, why grains may be the ultimate paleo, miracle men and starchivores, natural Viagra, why the gladiators were barley men, and the irony of learning the greatest health secret in the world, from the sugar cane fields.
MORE ON DR. JOHN MCDOUGALL:
A physician and nutrition expert who teaches better health through vegetarian cuisine, John A. McDougall, MD has been studying, writing, and speaking out about the effects of nutrition on disease for over 30 years. Dr. John and Mary McDougall believe that people should look and feel great for a lifetime. Unfortunately, many people unknowingly compromise their health through poor dietary habits.
Dr. McDougall is the founder and director of the nationally renowned McDougall Program: a ten-day residential program that he and Mary McDougall host at a luxury resort in Santa Rosa, CA where medical miracles occur through diet and lifestyle changes. In addition to her formal training as a nurse, Mary McDougall provides many of the delicious recipes that make the McDougall Program not only possible, but also a pleasure. Dr. McDougall has cared for thousands of patients for almost 3 decades. His program not only promotes a broad range of dramatic and lasting health benefits but, most importantly, can also reverse serious illnesses including high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes and others, all without the use of drugs.
A graduate of Michigan State University’s College of Human Medicine, Dr. McDougall performed his internship at Queen’s Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii, and his medical residency at the University of Hawaii. He is certified as an internist by the Board of Internal Medicine and the National Board of Medical Examiners. He and Mary are also the authors of several nationally best-selling books as well as the co-founders of Dr. McDougall’s Right Foods, which produces high quality vegetarian cuisine to make it easier for people to eat well on the go.
Dr. John Mcdougall Online: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
- What did the AMA do in 2015?
- What was going on in the food world in the mid 1960’s and how is it affecting us today?
- What’s the leading cause of tonsillitis?
- How Dr. McDougall had a stroke when he was young
- What he learned when doctoring multigenerational sugar-cane workers
- What’s the concept of ‘food poisoning’
- What is the ‘healthiest diet on the planet’?
- Why are animal products poisons?
- What in the world you do not want to do with your kitty cat
- What’s wrong with ghee or clarified butter?
- What’s the truth about omega fatty acids?
- Why there’s no such thing as a protein deficiency?
- Why there’s also no such thing as a calcium deficiency on a natural diet.
- What unique qualities have to do with business and marketing foods
- What is the cause of many auto-immune disorders including lupus.
- What’s an ideal diet for kids?
- What’s the recommendation for B-12 in kids and for adults?
- What’s the Mcdougall mobile cookbook app
- How you can still eat your brownies
- Why eating livestock is one of the best ways to help save the planet
INSPIRE #171: The Secret to Eating the Foods You Love, Regaining Your Health & Losing Weight for Good! ( John McDougall, MD, “The Starch Solution”)
INSPIRE #332: How to Lose Weight through Mindfulness! + Meditation! (Ruth Q. Wolever PhD, “The Mindful Diet”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.