If you’ve ever thought we’ve got things flip-flopped backwards and upside-down on Earth, then do we have the Heaven on Earth show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Anita Moorjani, the New York Times Best-selling author of Dying To Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing; and a guest I’ve been looking forward to speaking with for as long as we’ve had this show. She’s now the author of a beautiful new book, with a fantastic orange rose on the cover, What If This Is Heaven?: How Our Cultural Myths Prevent Us from Experiencing Heaven on Earth.
And that’s what I want to talk with her about today, how our cultural myths prevent us from experiencing Heaven on Earth and unconditional love.
That plus we’ll talk about, chocolate and deserts, perfume and handbags, cities vs. seaside’s, skirts and synchronicities, the significance of orange roses, and what in the world Battlestar Galactica, has to do with anything!
MORE ON ANITA MOORJANI:
If the doctors had been right, Anita Moorjani would not be alive today.
Now an international speaker and New York Times best-selling author, Anita had been given mere hours to live by her doctors on the morning of February 2, 2006. Unable to move and in a deep coma caused by the cancer that had ravaged her body for nearly four years, Anita entered another realm where she experienced great clarity and understanding about her life and purpose here on earth. In that realm, she was given a choice of whether to return to life or continue on into death. Anita chose to return to this life when she realized that heaven is a state, not a place. Because of this awareness, she made a remarkable and complete recovery within weeks of coming out of the coma. When she shared her story of healing and the insights she gained from her experience in the other realm, it went viral on the internet, receiving enormous interest internationally.
The 2012 book she wrote about her experience, Dying to Be Me (published by Hay House), hit the New York Times bestseller list within two weeks of its release, remaining there for nine weeks. Dying to Be Me also became number 1 in Canada and was in the top 20 on the Canadian book charts for six months. The book has since been translated into 45 languages and has sold over one million copies worldwide. Scott Free Productions—owned by internationally acclaimed Hollywood producer Ridley Scott—has optioned the rights to make Dying to Be Me into a full-length feature film.
Anita’s new book, What If This Is Heaven? (to be published in September 2016 by Hay House), debunks 10 common cultural myths most of us have accepted without question that keep us from experiencing heaven on earth.
Now completely cancer-free, Anita travels the globe, giving talks and workshops, as well as speaking at conferences and special events. She’s been interviewed regularly on various prime-time television shows around the world, including CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360°, The Dr. Oz Show, Fox News, The Jeff Probst Show, the National Geographic Channel, and The Today Show in the U.S., as well as The Pearl Report in Hong Kong, HeadStart with Karen Davila in the Philippines, and many others.
Born in Singapore of Indian parents, Anita lived in Hong Kong most of her life. From the age of two, she grew up speaking English, Cantonese, and an Indian dialect simultaneously. Before her cancer diagnosis and near-death experience, Anita worked in the corporate field for several years. She now resides in the United States.
Anita Moorjani Online: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Facebook Group
- What’s the significance of orange roses?
- What Dr. Wayne Dyer has to do with Anita Moorjani, Dying to Be Me, and What if This is Heaven?
- Why we have to shine bright and stay away from being fear based
- What was Anita’s life before and after her NDE?
- What it means to surf the waves?
- What happened to her while growing up
- Debunking the myth – you get what you deserve
- What happened with constant feelings of being less than, not worthy, and not good enough
- What’s the opposite of ‘you get what you deserve’? (and why it’s not your karma)
- Why the law of attraction does not mean you’re attracting negative situations into your life
- What’s the problem with the Law of Attraction?
- What is true unconditional love?
- What does it mean we’re born perfect just as we are?
- Is it possible to ‘screw things up’?
- What it means to remove judgment?
- How we move past the fear of screwing up?
- What’s the incredible importance of being authentic?
- What’s the most important advice for parents and children today
- What does loving yourself look like?
- What does it mean to move past fear on your path of passion and joy?
- What it means to align yourself with your divine light?
- What does it mean to turn inward: meditation, mindfulness, the kitchen sink?
- What might be wrong with our meditation practice?
- What’s the spiritual purpose of meditation, or what should meditation really look like?
- Why real love doesn’t mean anything goes – but what real love really means!
- What do fireflies have to do with the sun?
- What are non-negotiables in her relationship with her husband
- Why we are ALL worthy of unconditional love
- Why gentle is the new strong
- What you need in your health care
- What is an information fast?
- What it means to feel what’s good for you
- What it means that spiritual people are above (not) having an ego!
- What’s wrong with competition
- Why we want collaboration in our world
- What advice do parents need to know for guiding children and teens?
- What important things we want to teach kids about, rather than their academics
- What’s a beautiful practice of sending love we can do each day
- anitamoorjani.com also Anita Moorjani facebook page, also radio show on 12 noon pacific every Wednesday on www.HayHouseRadio.com
- A beautiful spiritual meditation to guide you in this life and help you live a life without regrets
Life Changing Lessons from Near Death Experiences (Dr. Eben Alexander, Proof of Heaven)
To Heaven & Back – Messages from 5000 Near Death Experiences (PMH Atwater, Dying to Know You)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.