If you’ve ever wanted less suffering, more happiness, and more contentment in your life, more happiness, or a sense that everything is just right, just as it is, then do we have the Pristine Mind show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Orgen Chowang Rinpoche, a Buddhist meditation master and the author of an absolutely beautiful book, Our Pristine Mind: A Practical Guide to Unconditional Happiness. It’s a book that keeps growing on me day after day.
Today we’ll talk about discovering unconditionally happiness, and uncovering the natural state of our Pristine Mind, that’s always within us.
That plus we’ll talk about deflated egos, internal demons, changing our mental diets, traveling the pristine mind highway, yaks and clouds, the power of leaving your mind alone, and why we might all want to look beneath our own lumpy beds.
MORE ON ORGYEN CHOWANG:
Orgyen Chowang Rinpoche, a meditation master in the Nyingma lineage of the Buddhist tradition, has a passion for presenting teachings in a practical and experiential way for modern audiences. His primary teacher was Jigme Phuntsok Rinpoche, one of the greatest Dzogchen masters of the last century. A long-time resident of the San Francisco Bay Area, Orgyen Chowang Rinpoche is the founder and spiritual director of Pristine Mind Foundation and the author of Our Pristine Mind: A Practical Guide to Unconditional Happiness (Shambhala, 2016). For more information, visit www.pristinemind.org.
Orgyen Chowang Online: Website | Facebook | Twitter
Pristine Mind Online: Facebook | Twitter
- How did he meet his teacher Jigme Puntok Rinpoche
- What were some of his early Tibetan Buddhist teachings?
- What is Pristine Mind?
- What does Pristine Mind mean?
- What is a Tibetan Buddhist Varja song and what does it sound like?
- How to get to an innate state of a pristine mind
- What are mental events, primordial fear, and ego
- How do we take care of our minds the way we take care of our body
- What does it mean to run from our primordial fear?
- What it means to stop engaging
- How do we start a meditative practice to tap into pristine mind?
- How to reduce the discordant thoughts in your mind
- What are meditation guidelines for Pristine Mind?
- How do mental events disappear?
- What is the illusory nature of things?
- What does the Buddha mean from the heart sutra, form is emptiness, emptiness is form
- What is enlightenment and how do we achieve enlightenment
- What does the Buddhist term mean Good Heart?
- What does love, compassion, rejoice, and impartiality have to do with anything?
- What does self-compassion have to do with anything
- Where can people go to find out more: pristinemind.org
INSPIRE #225: How to Transform Pain & Suffering into Creative Energy!!! (Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche, “Emotional Rescue”)
INSPIRE #247: Don’t Worry – Be Grumpy! (Ajahn Brahm)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.