If you’ve ever struggled with emotions out of control, where anxiety, anger, jealousy, guilt or depression, then do we have the show for you!
Today we’ll talk with His Holiness the Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche, the 7th in the lineage of the Dzogchen Ponlop, a bridge between the east and west, and a gen-xer who loves music, photography, art and technology. He’s also the best-selling author of numerous books, including one of my new favorites, the Rebel Buddha, and his latest, Emotional Rescue: How to Work with Your Emotions to Transform Hurt and Confusion into Energy That Empowers You.
So today we’ll talk about an Emotional Rescue or how to observe and transform your emotions from poison to medicine, and help you transform and free yourself, by learning to work with your emotions.
That plus we’ll talk about surge protectors and temper tantrums, poisonous pet snakes, why thoughts are like the boogieman, what to do if your girlfriend or boyfriend takes your comic book collection, and who would win in the Terminator vs. Dr. Doom?
MORE ON DZOGCHEN PONLOP RINPOCHE:
Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche is the author of EMOTIONAL RESCUE, and a leading Buddhist teacher in North America and an advocate of American and Western Buddhism. A lover of music, art and popular culture, Rinpoche is a tech-savvy poet, photographer, and visual artist, as well as a prolific author. He brings the essence of the Buddha’s message to modern audiences with humor and practicality. Rinpoche is founder and president of Nalandabodhi, an international network of Buddhist centers. He is also the founder of Nitartha International, a non-profit educational corporation dedicated to preserving the contemplative literature of East Asia.
Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche Online: Website | Facebook
- What is a Tibetan Kampa ?
- How he was chosen to be a lama and how he was recognized as the reincarnation of a Dozgchen Ponlop.
- How he started studying Buddhism at six
- Was there pressure on him to study Buddhism?
- How’d he end up becoming called a bridge between east and west
- How he’s been working to preserve Tibetan culture
- Are thoughts really like the boogieman?
- Why thinking about a dentist’s office is scarier than actually being there
- Who are we beyond confusion and pain?
- How do we move past habitual patterns?
- How do we cut off the handcuffs of negativity?
- How do you use a mindful gap?
- How do we practice pausing?
- How do you get a bank-account of patience?
- What is mindfulness?
- How important is the breath?
- What is clear seeing?
- Why emotions by nature are not negative
- How do we use the power of our emotions
- Do all emotions have a creative component
- What it means to surf a wave of emotion – and why it’s so natural
- Why anger, anxiety, and other ‘negative’ emotions, are a way to tap into creative energy
- How do thoughts and feelings interact?
- How do we do a thought inspection?
- How do you develop rapport with a poisonous snake?
- How do we develop pure love toward others?
- What’s the 24 hours of kindness experiment
- Why positivity is good, as long as we’re not attached to it!
- Why we need to balance negative thoughts
- How do we turn our emotions from our enemies into our friends
- How to recycle our emotions into something positive
- What do we do with difficult people?
How to Go Beyond Mindfulness for Peace in Every Moment (Lama Surya Das, Make Me One with Everything)
INSPIRE #160: The life Changing Power of Loving Kindness – Plus Meditation! (Chris Grosso, Everything Mind)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.