If you’ve ever struggled, worried, or lost sleep over uncertainty, the unknown, or what may happen next, then do we have the peace-providing show for you!
Today we’ll talk with Allison Carmen, life coach, business consultant, and author of a beautiful book on possibilities, called The Gift of Maybe: Finding Hope and Possibility in Uncertain Times.
And that’s what we’ll talk with Allison about today, what is the gift of maybe, how you can use it, and how it can bring hope, peace, and possibilities, and help us have better tomorrows, and a better night’s sleep tonight.
That, plus we’ll look at Madagascar, strawberries and tigers, singing attorneys, cannibals and kings, and what in the world Brazilian chickens have to do with anything.
MORE ON ALLISON CARMEN:
Allison Carmen is a business consultant, life coach and the author of the Amazon best seller, The Gift of Maybe, a book offering hope and possibility in uncertain times. Allison is a blogger for Huffington Post, Psychology Today, MindBodyGreen and Inc.com. She is an active speaker and lives in New York City.
Allison Carmen Online: Website | Facebook | Twitter
- What’s a Maybe person?
- What it takes to feel safe and secure
- Why the Buddha says and Buddhism teaches that all attachment leads to suffering
- How Allison shifted from fear to hope
- What Michael Phelps can teach us about the gift of maybe
- What PT Barnum, Ford, Hershey, Heinz, Disney, all have in common
- Why Man Plans and God Laughs
- How did Allison shift her wiring
- Why Norman Vincent’s positivity may not be quite right – or why we don’t want to stuff our emotions with positivity
- What’s the importance of allowing—which helps you move past fear
- What does Madagascar have to do with anything?
- What’s habitual linear thinking and how do we move past it?
- What suffering and pain have to do with linear thinking
- Why the gift of maybe is the greatest gift we can give them
- What is a negative twist?
- Why you want to shut off Worry TV for BNow radio.
- What is ‘no thought’
- What’s the story of strawberries and tigers have to do with our lives?
- What’s the ‘gift of the present’ exercise?
- What’s a reverse maybe?
- How do we let go of stories of regret?
- Who is Stacey the singing attorney?
- What’s an exercise to build courage?
- What do Brazilian chickens have to do with anything?
- Blog at www.allisoncarmen.com (parenting, self-help, business) writes for Psychology Today, MindBodyGreen, Huffington Post
- A beautiful exercise & guided meditation to practice the gift of maybe
Inspire #156: Why Letting Go May Be the Best Thing You Could Ever Do! (CJ Liu, Fire It Up with CJ)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.