INSPIRE #294: The Power of Presence with Ted Talk’s Amy Cuddy!
Amy Cuddy, Harvard Researcher & Viral Ted Talk speaker shares the power of presence, posture, authenticity & expansion!
Listen to the podcast below!
BOOKS BY AMY CUDDY:
If you’ve ever wondered how to bring out your bravest boldest self, then do we have the presence producing show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Amy Cuddy, Harvard Professor, amazing Ted Talk speaker, and New York Times best-selling author of one of my new favorite books, Presence: Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges.
Today we’ll talk about bring your boldest self to your biggest challenges, plus impostorism, iposture and power poses.
That plus we’ll talk about l’esprit d’escalier – the spirit of the staircase, why we want to stop being silk, what we can all learn from Barishnakov, when you want to shut off an annoying fan, a challenge to all duaghters, sisters and femal friends, what we can all learn from pill bugs, and what in the world happens when you decide to marry an Australian.
MORE ON AMY CUDDY:
Amy Cuddy is a social psychologist and professor at Harvard Business School. She studies how our body language speaks not just to others, but also to ourselves. Specifically, her research focuses on how adopting powerful, expanse postures (imagine Wonder Woman) helps us to be more present in high-pressure situations, changing our thoughts, feelings, behaviors, and physiology, and impacting how well or poorly — we perform in job interviews, difficult conversations, public speeches, etc. Her TED Talk on this topic is the second-most-viewed of all time, at over 33 million views. She was one of Time Magazines 2012 Game Changers, Business Insiders 2013 50 Women Who Are Changing The World,” and in 2014 was named a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum. She teaches courses at Harvard on power, influence, and communication. Her book, PRESENCE was released by Little, Brown in December, 2015.
- Who are Boy and Bear? BoyandBear.com
- What is Ted-Talker Amy Cuddy 101
- How a roller-skating waitress decided to become a psychologist
- What is the Spirit of the Stairs?
- What was an elevator pitch gone bad
- What is synchrony and what does it mean when someone is being present and authentic?
- What we can learn from Lakshmi Balachandra and venture capital pitches
- What’s the challenge for psychology researchers for self-esteem
- What’s the difference between cockiness and confidence
- What studies show you want to bring to a job interview.
- What we can learn from Susan Cain, the author of Quiet about introverts and presence.
- What’s wrong with self-affirmations
- What’s she learned from Mikko Nissinen professional ballet and Baryshnikov
- What is presence?
- What does presence have to do with mindfulness?
- How do we take presence off of its pedestal?
- What is impostorism?
- When an opportunity comes to us, should we all do the New Zealand
- Why it’s really about preparing the self
- How does the body shape the mind, and what’s it mean to starfish up?
- What are power poses and what does it have to do with expansiveness
- Why did power poses catch on from the Ted Talk?
- How to help women feel more expansive
- How team sports may help girls to be more expansive
- What is iPosture and what’s so bad about being on our phones and smaller electronic devices
- Why an iHunch or ‘text neck’ makes us feel sad and less assertive
- What’s the importance of expansive posture and expansive breathing
- Why breathing is tied to good posture, and what that means
- What are a few key ways to mind our posture throughout the day?
- Why it’s so important to teach our kids that how they carry themselves changes the way they feel
- What we can learn from College Confidence with ADD by Michael Sandler.
INSPIRE #299: How to Boost Your Confidence & Happiness Today! (Jessica Lee & Michael Sandler)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment