If you’ve ever felt anxious, stressed out, and unable to bend with the wind, then do we have the resilience-building show for you!
Today I’ll be talking With Dr. Arthur P. Ciaramicoli, licensed clinical psychologist, chief medical officer of soundminz.org. He’s been on the faculty of Harvard Medical school and is the Chief Psychology of Metrowest Medical center. He’s also the author of several book including The Power of Empathy and The Stress Solution: Using Empathy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to Reduce Anxiety and Develop Resilience.
Today we’ll talk about The Stress Solution, how to use empathy and cognitive behavioral therapy to reduce anxiety and develop resilience, and return to a state of goodness.
That plus we’ll talk about the power of dark chocolate, berries and leafy greens, what we can learn from Kima the Siberian Husky, who’s perhaps the world’s most compassionate mom, the true importance of Caitlyn Jenner’s coming out and what American Master Spy and Algiers has to do with anything.
MORE ON DR ARTHUR CIARAMICOLI:
Arthur P. Ciaramicoli, Ed.D., Ph.D., is a licensed clinical psychologist who has been treating clients for more than 35 years. He is the Chief Medical Officer of Soundmindz.org a popular mental health site. He is also a member of the American Psychological Association and the Massachusetts Psycho-logical Association. Currently in private practice, Dr. Ciaramicoli has been on the faculty of Harvard Medical School for several years, lecturer for the American Cancer Society, Chief Psychologist at Metrowest Medical Center, and director of the Metrowest Counseling Center and of the Alternative Medicine division of Metrowest Wellness Center in Framingham, Massachusetts.
In addition to treating patients, Dr. Ciaramicoli has lectured at Harvard Health Services, Boston College Counseling Center, the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore as well as being a consultant to several major corporations in the Boston area.
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli: Website | Twitter
- Who was Arthur Ciaramicoli’s mom
- What kind of legacy do you want to lead in your life?
- What is empathy?
- What’s the difference between sympathy and empathy
- What is empathetic cognitive behavioral therapy – psychology
- In psychology, what’s a cognitive distortion?
- Tell us about Aaron Beck, and what’s a negative schema?
- What does a negative schema have to do with negative self-talk?
- What’s second-hand stress?
- What does it mean to lose touch with our inherent goodness?
- Why depression is often an inability to do sorrow work
- How to counteract depression with oxytocin, the love hormone.
- How empathetic listening leads to a release of oxytocin
- What does it mean to ‘make a relationship’
- How do we turn down the intensity of our own emotions
- How empathy helps us move from the emotional brain to the thinking brain
- What is mindfulness meditation, and how can mindfulness help us to be here now and to be present
- What is catastrophizing and how does it relate to mindfulness and empathy?
- How to plan how you’re going to wake up, the night before.
- How do we rewire our brains to produce feel-good chemicals?
- How studies show the power of empathy
- What happens to children who grow up surrounded by empathy.
- What’s a goodness formula?
- Stress reducing foods?
- What supplements help with stress
- What can we learn from Caitlyn or Bruce Jenner coming out.
How to Boost Your Empathic Abilities for Better Communication, Well-Being & Success! (Karla McLaren, “The Art of Empathy”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.