How to Boost Your Empathic Abilities for Better Communication, Well-Being & Success!
Discover How the Art of Empathy & Learning How to Read Emotions Improves Your Relationships, Career & Every Aspect of Your Life – Important for Parents & Kids Too!
Listen to the Podcast Below!
Bonus: Meditation with Karla McLaren
Beautiful Grounding Meditation to Help You Rejuvenate & Relax – Perfect for Any Time of the Day, Especially During This Hectic Time of Year.
If you’ve ever wondered if your skin was too thin, if you feel other people’s emotions too much, or perhaps even wear your emotions on your sleeves, then do we have the show for you!
Today we’ll be talking with Karla McLaren, a pioneer in the field of empathy and emotions, and the author of The Language of Emotions: What Your Feelings Are Trying to Tell You and The Art of Empathy: A Complete Guide to Life’s Most Essential Skill.
Today we’ll talk about the Art of Empathy, and it’s often overlooked importance in a world where we often hide our emotions. We’ll look at how we’re all more empathetic than we could ever imagine, and how and why we should cultivate it, work with it, and sometimes even run from it.
That plus we’ll also look at goldfish and broccoli, dolls that make babies cry, and what it means to be “einfulhung about einfulhung”.
- How kids who had traumas become more open to the world.
- What a monster-catching machine looks like!
- When did she begin studying empathy?
- What she unexpectedly told her neurologist at 3.
- Are we all born highly empathic?
- The importance of two kids studies
- The Doll Experiment
- Goldfish and Broccoli Experiment
- What it means that generosity is not empathy
- What is Einfulung?
- What is the difference between sympathy and empathy?
- How kids with autism are often incredibly empathic
- Check out the movie Loving Lamp Posts
- Why is empathy so important?
- How do we start cultivating empathy?
- What’s going on in social media with unempathetic responses these days.
- Why empathy brings about self-love, but self-love isn’t required to be empathic
- What empathetic contagion is?
- How do we improve empathic accuracy?
- What is empathic regulation?
- How do we work on emotional regulation and separating our emotions from those around us?
- What is perceptive engagement?
- What’s the myth of negative emotions (and why “negative” emotions are so important for us?
- How to notice your emotions and what action to take based on it.
- How grounding helps us with empathy?
- How to practice conscious complaining
- What the healthy purpose of anger is.
- What’s the purpose of anxiety?
- A great exercise to help the anxiety to let go.
- How our to-do list can actually help us calm down
- What a get-aheader is vs. a procrastinator
- What is the healing power (and importance) of artistic expression
- How do we cultivate empathy in our children.
- The importance of Harold and the Purple Crayon for kids (and the most important question to ask them)
- Why Lynn McTaggart (The Field) talks about what can we do for we instead of what can we do for I
- What was her mom’s magic empathetic tool?
- How do we teach children (and ourselves) how to self-soothe.
- How the 4/5/6 breath can help – and help manage one’s body.
- Why gossip is amazing.
- What’s the allure of Pentatonix Acapella and why we all need to listen 😉
MORE ON KARLA MCLAREN:
Karla McLaren, M.Ed. is an award-winning author, researcher, and pioneering educator whose empathic approach to emotions revalues even the most “negative” emotions and opens startling new pathways into the depths of the soul.
Along with her groundbreaking work on emotions, McLaren has also developed a unified Six Essential Aspects of Empathy model that explicitly and intentionally welcomes people who have been exiled from earlier models of empathy (such as men, boys, and autistic people).
She is the author of The Art of Empathy: A Complete Guide to Life’s Most Essential Skill (2013), The Language of Emotions: What Your Feelings are Trying to Tell You (2010), and the online course Emotional Flow: Becoming Fluent in the Language of Emotions. She is also the founder of the Dynamic Emotional Integration™ education and licensing program.
Karla McLaren Online: Website | Facebook | Twitter
Empathy Academy Website: http://www.empathyAcademy.org
Books by Karla McLaren:
The Art of Empathy: A Complete Guide to Life’s Most Essential Skill
The Language of Emotions: What Your Feelings Are Trying to Tell You
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
*Note: On your PayPal statement, you will see your donation made to “RunBare Inc.” Rest assured, your donation is going to the right place. Thank you!
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment